Today, Disney+ announced that the spinoff series to The Mandalorian, The Book of Boba Fett, would be arriving on its streaming platform on Dec. 29, 2021. The show was originally announced during the end credits of the second season of The Mandalorian, which featured the character prominently, as it saw the legendary bounty hunter sitting on Jabba the Hutt’s old throne and was followed by text that revealed he was getting his own show.
While there isn’t too much information out about the upcoming series quite yet, the official Disney+ website does provide the following brief synopsis.
Boba Fett’s journey will continue in The Book of Boba Fett, which will be set within the timeline of The Mandalorian and star Temuera Morrison as the titular bounty hunter, along with Ming-Na Wen as Fennec Shand. Robert Rodriguez—who directed Chapter 14 of The Mandalorian in a thrilling installment that reintroduced Boba Fett to the Star Wars galaxy—joins Favreau and Dave Filoni as executive producer.
While you wait for The Book of Boba Fett, be sure to check out all of the other Star Wars content our site has to offer. That includes plenty of features, news, and quizzes on the series, all of which you can find in the section right down below.
- What Is the Rakatan Empire in Star Wars Andor? Answered
- What Is the Preox-Morlana Corporate Zone in Star Wars Andor? Answered
- What Is Star Wars: Andor About & When Does It Take Place on the Timeline? Answered
- All Planets in Star Wars Andor, Listed
- How Much Is the Budget for Star Wars Andor Per Episode? Answered