Today, Disney+ announced that the spinoff series to The Mandalorian, The Book of Boba Fett, would be arriving on its streaming platform on Dec. 29, 2021. The show was originally announced during the end credits of the second season of The Mandalorian, which featured the character prominently, as it saw the legendary bounty hunter sitting on Jabba the Hutt’s old throne and was followed by text that revealed he was getting his own show.
While there isn’t too much information out about the upcoming series quite yet, the official Disney+ website does provide the following brief synopsis.
Boba Fett’s journey will continue in The Book of Boba Fett, which will be set within the timeline of The Mandalorian and star Temuera Morrison as the titular bounty hunter, along with Ming-Na Wen as Fennec Shand. Robert Rodriguez—who directed Chapter 14 of The Mandalorian in a thrilling installment that reintroduced Boba Fett to the Star Wars galaxy—joins Favreau and Dave Filoni as executive producer.
While you wait for The Book of Boba Fett, be sure to check out all of the other Star Wars content our site has to offer. That includes plenty of features, news, and quizzes on the series, all of which you can find in the section right down below.
- This Star Wars Rex Sixth Scale Figure Is Insanely Realistic
- The Oakland A’s Did an Amazing Star Wars Tribute Using 200 Drones
- LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga Gets Epic New Trailer at Gamescom; Coming Spring 2022
- Star Wars: Visions Trailer Shows the Series Looks Perfect in Anime Form
- These Samurai Empire Star Wars Soldier Photos Are Incredible