The arena shooter genre hasn’t been popular for some time, but it might finally be ready to make a comeback with the arrival of Splitgate. Thanks to a slick blend of Halo shooting and Portal wormhole mechanics, developer 1047 Games’ debut game is gaining a lot of traction since its updated beta hit consoles in addition to its PC launch. And if there’s one thing that screams quintessential arena shooting it’s a good ol’ mano a mano shootout. Here’s how to 1v1 in Splitgate if you’re unsure how to set one up.
How to 1v1 in Splitgate
First things first, yes, you can 1v1 in Splitgate. It’s not a standard gameplay mode, but it’s easy enough to set up your own custom match if you want to battle someone on your Friend list. Here we’ll run through a step-by-step breakdown of the process so it’s crystal clear what you need to do.
- From the main menu, hit the Play button, select ‘Custom,’ then hit ‘Create.’
- Set up the server settings to your preference, and change the max players to 2.
- After hitting ‘Create,’ you can then choose your match preferences, such as map, game-type, etc.
- Once that’s all done, invite players by hitting the option circled in red, and you’re good to go!
And that’s all there is to about how to 1v1 in Splitgate. For more on the game, search Twinfinite or check out some of the related content we’ve listed below. If you can’t find an answer to a specific question you have anywhere on the site then, as always, do feel free to reach out in the comment section below and we’ll do our best to lend a hand.
- CoD Mobile: How to 1v1
- Fortnite: Can You 1v1 in Battle Royale?
- Dissidia Final Fantasy NT: How to Play 1v1 and 2v2 Battles