The Metroid franchise is now officially 35 years old, as the very first game was released on the Nintendo Entertainment System back in 1986. Since then, the series has grown with multiple main series games, spin-offs, and appearances in other media.
For 35 years, we played as Samus Aran the bounty hunter as she traveled across hostile alien planets to protect the galaxy from the Space Pirates that want to harness the power of the Metroids. The Metroid games mix platforming elements with exploration, and they usually place players in isolated experiences.
While the original game started the series as a 2D side-scroller, the franchise has taken steps into the first-person perspective with the Prime games. Even though Metroid hasn’t always been a top seller, the game has retained a dedicated fanbase, and Samus, along with other characters, have appeared in Super Smash Bros. and other games.
Not many games can say they’ve inspired an entire genre; Metroid is responsible for defining the Metroidvania genre of games that feature nonlinear, explorable worlds.
As we celebrate Metroid’s 35th anniversary and look forward to upcoming games in the series, we want to see just how much you know about the franchise. Only true Metroid fans will be able to ace this trivia quiz about the series. Think you know everything there is to know? Take this quiz to find out.
Only True Metroid Fans Can Ace this Trivia Quiz
- New Metroid Dread Trailer Shows off Tons of Environments & Enemies
- New Metroid Dread Trailer Challenges Players to “Find Your Power”
- Metroid Dread’s Latest Trailer Reveals New Abilities to Deal With Terrifying Enemies
- Metroid Dread’s Latest Trailer Tees Up its Story; Dev Update Details Samus Abilities
- 5 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Metroid Dread