Developed by Amplitude and published by Sega, Humankind is a new 4X strategy game that will feel immediately familiar to fans of Sid Meier’s Civilization. The game introduces its own unique twists and spin to the Civilization formula to help evolve the genre, which might be just what fans need if they feel Civilization is getting a little stale. Here’s how to increase the city cap in Humankind.
Increasing the City Cap in Humankind
Just like in Civ, one of your main goals in Humankind is to expand your empire, and you can do that by setting up new outposts and establishing cities along the way. You can do this with any of your units and you don’t need to deploy a Settler unit like in Civ, but there is a limit to how many cities you can establish at any given time.
If you go above that limit, your Influence will start to drain, and if it goes all the way down, you’ll lose your entire empire in one fell swoop. Listed below are all the ways you can increase your city cap in the game:
- By progressing to the next era.
- By researching certain Technologies.
- By choosing an option in the Small Council Civic.
Each time you earn enough stars in an era to be able to progress to the next, your city cap will increase by one. In addition to that, you can also focus on researching the Technologies listed below to increase that cap even further:
- Foreign Outposts
- Three-Masted Ship
- Supply Lines
- Urban Planning
When you unlock the Small Council Civic, you can also choose the option that increases the limit by one, allowing you to establish even more outposts. Having multiple cities to manage will allow you to produce more units and buildings at a faster rate.
That’s all you need to know about how to increase the city cap in Humankind. Be sure to search for Twinfinite for more tips and information on the game.
- Humankind Review – Greatness from Small Beginnings
- Humankind Launch Trailer Celebrates Release With a Brawl on The Moon
- New Humankind Trailer Is All About the Late Game, Advanced Tech, and Nukes
- Latest Humankind Trailer Showcases the 4x Strategy Game’s Scale, Variety, & Customization
- Humankind Will Be Available on Xbox Game Pass at Launch