The PC version of Nier: Automata will receive a giant update on Thursday, July 15 that plans to fix some of the issues with the port, according to an update post from the game’s Steam page.
The patch includes several fixes for its graphics such as anti-aliasing adjustments, 4K resolution textures for the UI elements, and a more stabilized framerate. The patch was announced last April, but with no specific details. Here are the full patch notes below:
- Borderless Video Settings – Borderless video settings have been implemented.
- Fidelity FX – A Fidelity FX CAS feature has been added.
- HDR – The system will now detect whether HDR has been activated in the Windows display settings, and automatically boot the game in HDR mode if it has.
- Anti-aliasing – Adjustments to the anti-aliasing functionality
- UI textures (4K) – Approximately 270 UI textures for icons, backdrops and UI elements etc. now support 4K resolutions.
- Cut scenes – The bit rate has been improved and all pre-rendered cut scenes adjusted, so they will now play in 60FPS and display in the correct aspect ratio without stretching the picture.
- Global illumination – A new “Global illumination” feature has been implemented. This can be set to three different levels; High, Medium or Low.
- Ambient occlusion/ bloom – The rendering targets for ambient occlusion and bloom effects have been changed to dynamic resolution based on the game’s resolution.
- It is now possible to switch between recently selected display modes for screenshots, such as between full screen and windowed mode or between borderless and windowed mode, by pushing the Alt + Enter keys together.
- The mouse cursor is no longer displayed when using a game pad controller.
- The frame rate has been stabilized at 60FPS under default settings.
- Other stability related fixes have also been implemented.
The Nier: Automata PC port originally released for PC in March 2017, and players found many technical issues specific to the PC version. The game had not been updated to fix the issues by either developer PlatinumGames or publisher Square Enix up until this week, which left one modder to create the Fix Automata Resolution mod to fix most of the resolution problems.
- NieR Re[in]carnation Introduces 2P For NieR Automata Crossover With New Trailer
- Japan Celebrates The Music Of Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Ace Combat, NieR & More at the Tokyo Olympics’ Opening Ceremony
- NieR Re[in]carnation Shows NieR: Automata Crossover in New Trailer; Passes 500,000 Pre-Registrations
- NieR Re[in]carnation Gets Western Release Date from Square Enix; Has 400,000 Pre-Registrations So Far
- Nier Costume Headed to Fall Guys Ultimate Knockout Next Week