The latest update for Ubisoft’s Assassin’s Creed Valhalla went live on all platforms today and added a new game mode, skills, and more.
The biggest addition in the 1.2.2 title update is the new game mode called Mastery Challenge. Numerous shrines have now been hidden around the in-game world, and interacting with them give trials that will test either combat, range, or stealth. The trials give unique rewards that will “show your Mastery and give you more options in combat.”
Although, players will need to be Power Level 221 and have completed the Uninvited Guests main quest after reporting on Grantebridgescire and Ledecestrescire to access the new Mastery Challenge game mode.
Eivor received three new skills in the update such as using their bow ability while mounted, automatically rotating to block incoming attacks by holding up their shield, and Eivor’s sprint becoming unblockable and knocking enemies back at the cost of stamina while in combat.
The update also refreshes River Raids with increased rewards alongside a long list of improvements and fixes like an issue that caused a “Bonus Content Unlocked” message to appear when the game autosaved. Check out the full patch notes here.
Ubisoft announced earlier this week during its E3 presentation that it plans to release The Siege of Paris DLC sometime this summer and will continue to support Assassin’s Creed Valhalla with free updates.
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Gets Epic Launch Trailer to Celebrate Release
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Shows Photo Mode in New Screenshots; Will Be Available at Launch
- Ubisoft Announces PS5 & Xbox Series X/S Details for Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, Watch Dogs Legion, & More
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Trailer & Art Introduce the Season Pass and Post-Launch Content
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Has Gone Gold Ahead of Next Month’s Release