In anime, most of the villains that oppose our heroic protagonists tend to live in some pretty dumpy places. Whether it’s the rundown bar of the League of Villains in My Hero Academia or the Akatsuki’s cave in Naruto, these hideouts definitely aren’t ones you’d want to stay in overnight.
And while that certainly makes sense, considering the age-old adage that crime never pays, there are some extraordinary exceptions to that rule. These are the four villain hideouts that are cool enough to be on Airbnb.
(Featured Image Source: MAPPA via Crunchyroll)
Teppelin – Gurren Lagann
Cool Anime Villain Hideouts
In the world of Gurren Lagann, there is no place you’d rather live than in Teppelin, the beastmen headquarters and home of the show’s antagonists, Lordgenome. This massive drill-shaped fortress is so big, it touches the clouds, meaning there is plenty of space to stretch your legs and set up shop throughout.
On top of the space, Teppelin is also the safest place in the neighborhood, as it has its own security system and armed patrols to help keep out pesky human attackers. There is no place on the planet that you’ll feel more comfortable.
Considering the alternative is to live underground with very little resources, light, or food, Teppelin is also quite literally paradise by comparison.
- My Dress-Up Darling Anime Gets Super-Cute Opening & Ending Videos to Celebrate TV Debut
- Tales of Luminaria Anime Gets New Trailer & First 10 Minutes Ahead of Release
- The Executioner and Her Way of Life Anime Confirmed for Spring 2022
- Initial D Sequel MF Ghost Anime Adaptation Announced
- The Irregular at Magic High School Anime Sequel Announced