You’re going to be facing a ton of different enemies in Nier Replicant. Some will come at you with physical attacks, while others will bombard you with a maelstrom of ranged attacks in true bullet hell fashion. Both can cause you some serious problems and deal big damage if you don’t know the ins and outs of dodging and evading in Nier Replicant.
Dodging and evading enables you to get out of the way of incoming attacks quickly with the press of a button. It can also grant you some invincibility frames (i-frames) where you won’t take damage, even if an attack should have landed on you.
How to Dodge & Evade in Nier Replicant
To evade attacks, simply press R2 (RT on Xbox) and move the left analog stick in the direction you want to move.
Ideally, you want to do this just before an attack is about to land on Nier, so you can make use of those i-frames to full effect.
It can take a little while to get the timing right, but once you’ve nailed it a couple times, it’ll become second nature. Just make sure that, in the heat of the moment, you’re not going to dodge one attack and straight into another. It may sound obvious, but in the heat of combat, it’s always a possibility.
And now you know how to dodge and evade in Nier Replicant. For more tips, tricks and guides, head over to our wiki, or see more of our coverage on the game below.
- NieR Replicant ver. 1.22474487139… Getting Adorably Grumpy Kainé Nendoroid Figure
- NieR Replicant 10+1 Years Anniversary Vinyl Gets Insanely Pretty Artwork, Pre-Orders Open Now
- 4 Reasons Automata Fans Shouldn’t Sleep on NieR Replicant
- NieR Replicant Players Notice an Interesting Text Language Detail
- The Hardest NieR Replicant/Gestalt Quiz You’ll Ever Take