There’s not much chance of you capturing a monster if you can’t draw your weapon and beat it into submission, so here’s how to melee in Monster Hunter Rise if you’ve found yourself stumbling at the first hurdle.
How to Melee in Monster Hunter Rise
While it’s certainly viable to play as a ranged character in Monster Hunter Rise, you’ll more than likely want to switch out to a melee weapon at some point or another.
To do so, you simply switch out your ranged weapon to any melee weapon of your choice — Long Sword, Switch Axe, Charge Blade, etc. –, and then press the A and X buttons for light and heavy attacks.
Remember, if you want to switch the weapons you currently have equipped then you can do so by A) heading to an item box if you’re in a town; B) visiting your camp if you’re out on a hunt.
Here’s a quick breakdown just to clarify:
- Press the menu button with + to access your inventory.
- Select a weapon with a melee attack, such as Long Sword or Switch Axe.
- Use the A and X buttons once equipped to strike with light and heavy attacks.
You should also see some related content below that may prove useful. If you can’t find an answer to a particular question you have, then do feel free to reach out to us in the comment section below and we’ll do our best to lend a hand.
- Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak Expansion Is Coming Summer 2022
- Monster Hunter Rise Is Getting Akuma From Street Fighter This Week
- Capcom Announced Record Financial Results Driven by Resident Evil Village & Monster Hunter Rise
- Okami’s Amaterasu Is Coming to Monster Hunter Rise Next Week as a Free DLC
- Monster Hunter Rise Update Roadmap Detailed in Latest Trailer