The Switch finally has its very own new Monster Hunter game. While we’ve seen ports before, Monster Hunter Rise is a brand new adventure that is exclusive to the Switch. Fortunately for longtime fans, it appears to be very faithful with new tricks mixed in as well. If you’re here, you’re probably wondering how to holster and sheath your weapon in Monster Hunter Rise. Here’s what you need to know.
How to Holster & Your Weapon in Monster Hunter Rise
Holstering and sheathing your weapon in Monster Hunter Rise is important as it gives you a bit more ease of control and mobility. Plus, you just may not want to be running around with a weapon all the time.
To sheath and holster your weapon, press Y. That’s it! Just press Y, simple as that.
Holding Y will let you use items from the quick menu, though, so be careful as to not do that instead.
Alternatively, if you go into a sprint by holding R to run, this will also automatically put your weapons away.
Finally, if you want to improve the speed of your holstering, you can get the Quick Sheath skill which, you guessed it, will make the movement much quicker.
To get ready for the monsters you’ll be bashing (and hunting), why don’t you check out the full list of all the monsters we know so far that will appear in Monster Hunter Rise.
- Monster Hunter Rise Is Getting Akuma From Street Fighter This Week
- Capcom Announced Record Financial Results Driven by Resident Evil Village & Monster Hunter Rise
- Okami’s Amaterasu Is Coming to Monster Hunter Rise Next Week as a Free DLC
- Monster Hunter Rise Update Roadmap Detailed in Latest Trailer
- Monster Hunter Stories 2 Gets New Story Trailer; Monster Hunter Rise Reveal Update 3.0