The Switch finally has its very own new Monster Hunter game. While we’ve seen ports before, Monster Hunter Rise is a brand new adventure that is exclusive to the Switch. Fortunately for longtime fans, it appears to be very faithful with new tricks mixed in as well. If you’re here, you’re probably wondering how to holster and sheath your weapon in Monster Hunter Rise. Here’s what you need to know.
How to Holster & Your Weapon in Monster Hunter Rise
Holstering and sheathing your weapon in Monster Hunter Rise is important as it gives you a bit more ease of control and mobility. Plus, you just may not want to be running around with a weapon all the time.
To sheath and holster your weapon, press Y. That’s it! Just press Y, simple as that.
Holding Y will let you use items from the quick menu, though, so be careful as to not do that instead.
Alternatively, if you go into a sprint by holding R to run, this will also automatically put your weapons away.
Finally, if you want to improve the speed of your holstering, you can get the Quick Sheath skill which, you guessed it, will make the movement much quicker.
To get ready for the monsters you’ll be bashing (and hunting), why don’t you check out the full list of all the monsters we know so far that will appear in Monster Hunter Rise.
- Monster Hunter Rise Update 2.0 Trailer Shows Onazuchi; Update 3.0 Teased With More New Monsters
- Capcom Celebrates 5 Million Copies Sold for Monster Hunter Rise By Giving Out Free In-Game Items
- Monster Hunter Rise Gets New Patch to Finally Fix Game-Breaking Save File Bug
- Monster Hunter Rise Review – Going Above and Beyond
- Monster Hunter Rise Still Has Too Steep of A Learning Curve