Likable Characters (Yes, Even the Devil)
Even with some of the best shows around, the main cast and supporting characters aren’t always very likable. Often times in anime, characters are so good at what they do or are so one-dimensional personality-wise that it makes them boring.
Ironically enough though, the anime that centers around demons and heroes making their way in a world without magic actually features one of the best rosters in that regard.
Thanks to the way Devil is a Part-Timer builds their personalities, the Demons and Heroes alike are easy to root for, mostly because of how relatable they are. Emi and Mao are both hard-working and take their jobs seriously, even though they’re both out of their element.
It also helps that they all have flaws as well. Emi is a stubborn Tsundere that spends most of her time at the start of the show convinced that Mao is still evil.
On the other hand, Mao is a former demon lord that now has to deal with starting from the bottom; and in the human world no less, with human-oriented normalities like budgeting.
They have problems just like people do in real life, needing to either work through them or rely on their friends for help.
- Muv-Luv Alternative Anime Reveals Character Design & Voice Actors for Yuuko Kouzuki, Marimo Jinguuji, Kasumi Yashiro, & More
- New Anime Valorant Skin Bundle Includes a Yoru-Themed Butterfly Knife
- Tomb Raider Anime Series Casts Hayley Atwell As Lara Croft
- New Azur Lane Console Game Announced; New Major Event With Plenty of Shipgirls, Anime, & More Revealed
- The Demon Slayer Anime Returns this Fall, With 5 Specials to Air Before Then