Whether it’s on the development or gamer side of things, modern gaming is all about making sure you keep your games as recent as possible to get the best possible version available. The Xbox Series X is no different, as you’ll want to make sure you’ve got the latest patches for your titles installed right when they come out. Here is everything you need to know about how to update games on Xbox Series X and Series S.
How to Update Games on Xbox Series X and Series S
To manually update your game, go to the My Games and App section of your dashboard. Select Manage and then go to Updates.
Any game that can patch without having done so already appears on this menu. Choose to begin the update by hovering over the game and pressing A to start it.
If you want to turn on automatic updates, all you have to do is head over to the Settings page on your dashboard. From here, click on Systems and then Updates.
There is an option to automatically patch any game you have downloaded. All you have to do is click this and make sure that your Xbox Series X or Series S is on and connected to the internet for the update to apply automatically.
Time needed: 1 minute.
How to Update Games on Xbox Series X and Series S:
- Go to the My Games and App section of your dashboard.
- Select Manage and then go to Updates.
Any game that can update without having done so already appears in this menu.
- Choose to begin the patch by hovering over the game and pressing A to start it.
Go to the Settings page, click Systems, and then Updates to make your game update whenever its on with an internet connection automatically.
That is everything you need to know about how to update games on the Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S. If you still have more questions about Microsoft’s newest hardware, be sure to check out the rest of Twinfinite for a handful of helpful guides.
- Scarlet Nexus for PS5, Xbox Series X, PS4, Xbox One, & PC Gets Cosplay Guides Full of Beautiful Character Art
- How to Download Outriders Demo on PS4, Xbox One, PS5, Series X|S, & PC
- Little Nightmares 2: Controls Guide (PS4, Xbox One)
- Scarlet Nexus for PS5, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, Xbox One, & PC Gets New Video & More
- How to Download Cold War Zombies Free Trial on PS4/5, Xbox & PC