Anyone who regularly plays JRPGs or has a passing familiarity with them might be aware of just how slow some of them can be. Sometimes we wish we could just press a button and the game would speed up, even if just a little. This guide’s explanation intoTrails of Cold Steel 4‘s high speed mode, might be just for you.
Trails of Cold Steel 4 High Speed Mode Explained
Trails of Cold Steel 4 is just like the three previous games released for the PS4 (the first two were remasters) in that it adds in a little extra helping hand for those playing through it.
While previous games in the series referred to it as “Turbo Mode,” this time around it is simply High Speed Mode, but it does the same thing. Pressing left on the touchpad on the Dualshock 4 will bring up a little UI graphic in the corner letting you know High Speed Mode has been enabled.
In High Speed Mode, the game runs faster, at least 2x speed. Everything moves at a quicker pace when controlling characters or watching cutscenes, but menus are untouched.
All playtime reporting is also unaffected. This is a blessing with traversal, but sometimes it can cause issues in cutscenes where the dialogue automatically flows as the action dictates its advance. Character voices and dialogue are never sped up, but watching idle animations heightens the story during dialogue scenes.
High Speed Mode also comes with a downside; if you ever want to turn it off, the game feels like it’s now moving at a snail’s pace, making it much harder to play without it.
That’s all you need to know in this explanation of Trails of Cold Steel 4’s High Speed Mode.
If High Speed Mode piques your interest, you can learn more about the game by checking out our previous coverage below.
- The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel Anime TV Series Announced
- Release Date for PC Version of Trails of Cold Steel IV Announced
- Nayuta no Kiseki Kai PS4 Remaster and The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV for Switch Get New Trailers
- The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV Gets Western Release Date for Nintendo Switch
- The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV For Switch Gets First Screenshots & Japanese Release Date