Scorestreaks are back in Black Ops Cold War, replacing killstreaks, allowing you to continue progress towards powerful abilities even after dying. If you’re not used to them yet, here’s everything you need to know about how to use scorestreaks in Black Ops Cold War and what all the scorestreaks are.
How to Use Scorestreaks in CoD Black Ops Cold War
As you get kills and do things like catch flags in multiplayer modes, you’ll rack up score towards scorestreak abilities, with you choosing three you want to have available to you at different scores.
If you get more kills without dying, you’ll earn score quickly, but your score doesn’t reset when you die, allowing you to keep working towards scorestreaks. Therefore, while good players will get them quicker, players who are struggling aren’t kept from using scorestreaks completely.
Once you’ve got the required score, a message will pop up in yellow in the middle of the screen and you’ll need to press right on the d-pad if you’re playing on console, or 3, 4, 5, or 6 on PC depending on the slot they’re in, to use it.
The scorestreaks you can use in Black Ops Cold War and the points required for them are down below. Do note that you won’t unlock some of them until higher levels, before you Prestige.
- Combat Bow (500 points)
- RCXD (800 points)
- Spy Plane (1000 points)
- Counter Spy Plane (1200 points)
- Armor (1600 points)
- Care Package (1800 points)
- Sentry Turret (2000 points)
- Napalm Strike (2100 points)
- Artillery (2500 points)
- Cruise Missile (2600 points)
- Air Patrol (3200 points)
- War Machine (3500 points)
- Attack Helicopter (4000 points)
- Chopper Gunner (6000 points)
- VTOL Escort (8500 points)
- Gunship (10000 points)
From the lobby menu, you’ll be able to choose from three of those scorestreaks. If you’re more confident in your scoring ability, it’ll be best to choose the higher points options, since they’ll then get you more kills in matches.
That’s everything you need to know about how to use scorestreaks in Black Ops Cold War and what all the scorestreaks are. For more tips and tricks on the game, be sure to check out our wiki guide or search for Twinfinite.
- Black Ops Cold War Zombies Ammo Mods Explained: Best Ammo Mods, How to Get, Upgrade Them & More
- CoD Black Ops Cold War Guide Wiki
- Black Ops Cold War: How to Get Outbreak Free Bundle
- Black Ops Cold War Zombies: Elite Kills & Eliminations Explained
- Black Ops Cold War Season 2: How to Unlock the Machete