Just days ahead of Serious Sam 4’s anticipated launch, Devolver Digital and Croteam have released a new trailer that sets the scene for the game’s sci-fi story.
Developer Croteam offers an accompanying synopsis:
“Humanity is under siege as the full force of Mental’s hordes spread across the world, ravaging what remains of a broken and beaten civilization. The last remaining resistance to the invasion is the Earth Defense Force led by Sam “Serious” Stone and his heavily-armed squad of misfit commandos.”
Longtime fans of the Serious Sam franchise will be pleased to learn that the upcoming fourth game features a revamped version of the classic formula, which sees players “circle-strafe and backpedal-blast their way out of impossible situations.”
Serious Sam is a franchise that’s been around since 2001, and this upcoming game is a direct sequel of the one that was released back in 2011. It’s been a long wait for the latest entry in the series, but luckily Serious Sam 4 is right around the corner.
The game will launch first on PC and Stadia on Sept. 4 and will release in 2021 for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
For more on the game, you can check out another trailer here.
- Muv-Luv Alternative Anime Reveals Character Design & Voice Actors for Yuuko Kouzuki, Marimo Jinguuji, Kasumi Yashiro, & More
- Tales of Luminaria Gets New Gameplay Trailers Introducing Celia & Leo
- Record of Lodoss War: Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth Announced for PS5, Xbox Series X|S, Switch, & More
- This Emotional Final Fantasy XIV Fan Film Will Make You Smile & Perhaps Cry a Little
- Shin Megami Tensei V for Nintendo Switch Reveals Dominion’s Gameplay in New Trailer