Today developer Systemic Reaction revealed the Steam early access date and new assets for its upcoming co-op shooter Second Extinction.
Early access will begin on Steam on October 13 and will be priced at $24.99.
We also get new screenshots and a look at the cover art drawn by Tom duBois, known for the box art of several Konami games.
On top of seeing the cover in static form, we also get to see a video in which duBois draws it.
Here’s what we can expect during the early access.
- Day One: 4 Heroes, 10 Weapons with 5 upgrade tiers, and 6 missions across 7 regions
- In the future:
- Loadout modifiers — party buffs for each mission
- Armor Augments
- Timed game modes, including a horde mode
- An additional mutation and related effects
- And much more!
If you’re unfamiliar with Second Extinction, here’s a handy list of features.
- Intense Three-player Co-op — Earth is overrun by mutated dinosaurs! Team up with up to two other resistance fighters to take it back in short but intense combat operations.
- Battle Mutated Monstrosities — These dinos are nothing like the ones in your history books! From electric raptors to behemoth T-Rexes that tower over the horizon, these deadly creatures have evolved into the ultimate killing machines.
- Experience Spectacular Action — Combine your fireteam’s unique weapons and abilities for explosive results against overwhelming opposition in challenging set piece engagements.
- Take Part in a Joint Effort — Your actions, together with the rest of the community, will shape the course of the war against the dinosaurs.