THQ Nordic has been remastering a ton of older games lately and now it’s time for the underrated Western RPG, Kingdoms of Amalur, to make a comeback in the form of Kingdoms of Amalur Re-Reckoning. If you’ve just started the game and wondering if it’s possible to change gender in Kingdoms of Amalur, here’s what you need to know.
Can You Change Gender in Kingdoms of Amalur Re-Reckoning? Answered
Once you boot up Kingdoms of Amalur and start the story, you’ll have to sit through a cutscene, and then you’ll be taken to a selection screen that allows you to customize your character.
You’ll be able to choose between two genders (male or female) and one of four classes, which are the Almain, Varani, Ljosalfar, and Dokkalfar. You also get to choose between five presets and there’s a ton of more face/hair customization options.
Once you finish up creating your dream video game character, confirm your choices and then the game will begin, showing off your custom creation in another cutscene.
You must be sure of whether you want to be a man or a woman in the game during the custom creator process. Once you get passed this point, you will not have the chance to change your gender unless you start a new save file.
So if you’re too far into the game to restart and you want to change your gender, there’s, unfortunately, no way to do that. Just continue on with your choice and you’ll hopefully come to terms with it all.
If the developers end up addressing this in a patch or hotfix, we will be sure to update this article accordingly, but it seems unlikely for the time being.
- Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning Coming to Switch in March, Fatesworn Expansion Later in 2021
- Kingdoms of Amalur Re-Reckoning Review – Initially Underrated But Currently Outdated
- Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning Getting 60% Off Steam Discount for Current Owners
- Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning Gameplay Trailer Showcases Sorcery Build
- Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning Trailer Shows Off Might Build Gameplay