Marvel’s Avengers has arrived and it has mashed a narrative driven experience starring some of the world’s most famous Marvel superheroes with modern looter gameplay reminiscent of something seen in Diablo or Destiny. In both the game’s single-player and multiplayer modes you have a number of different mission types that you cant take on. In this guide we’re going to explain all the mission types in Marvel’s Avengers.
All Mission Types in Marvel’s Avengers Game
There’s quite a variety of mission types in the Avengers game separated into two categories: Normal Warzone Missions and High Risk. Here’s the list of all of them and what you can expect (via Marvel’s Avengers):
War Zone Mission Types
- HARM Room – A holographic training room where you can practice playing with other heroes
- Drop Zone – Short missions with a single objective such as defending a high value target
- Iconic Missions – Iconic missions dive deeper into how the Avengers are dealing with the events post A-Day. Hero missions are tailored to a specific Avenger but can be played co-op with up to four players.
- Faction Missions – In Faction Missions, players assist the SHIELD and inhuman factions who are under constant threat from AIM. These missions progress the story of factions and grants faction experience as a reward.
- Hives – Hives are AIM strongholds located throughout the world, the Avengers must uncover their location and fight their way through a gauntlet of increasingly challenging AIM defenses in order to disable them.
- Vaults – Vaults are large explorable spaces that take some legwork to uncover. To access a vault you first have to acquire the coordinates from hidden SHIELD caches around the world. Once you’ve found the entrance, you must fight your way inside and breach the vault in order to reap the rewards.
High Risk Missions
- Mega Hives – Mega Hives will put player’s full Super Hero roster to the test as they fight their way through a gauntlet of descending floors packed with enemies. The farther they go down, the higher the difficulty goes up, and once all their Heroes are disabled, players will have to start over from the beginning.
- Villain Sector – Villain sectors are special missions that provide epic showdowns with powerful bosses that players will want to return to as their heroes get closer to the game’s power cap of 150.
- AIM’s Secret Lab – Players looking to test their mettle will look forward to teaming up to tackle AIM’s Secret Lab, a mission only accessible after reaching the game’s highest power levels. Available once a week, AIM’s secret lab raid will culminate in a massive boss fight influenced by how well players’ teams performed through the mission.
While the normal War Zone missions you can tackle alone or a with a friend at your leisure throughout the game, the High Risk missions are ones that you’ll want to wait until you’re at or near the game’s power level to complete.
If you’re looking to level up as quickly as possible so you can take on those high risk mission types, our guide for hitting the power cap quickly will likely prove to be useful.
You should also see some related content below that might prove to be helpful as well. Always feel free to reach out in the comment section if you can’t find an answer to a specific question not featured on the website and we’ll do our best to help out.
- Marvel’s Avengers Update 1.3.0 Fixes Over 1000 Issues
- 5 Ways Marvel’s Avengers Could’ve Been Better
- 3 Things Marvel’s Avengers Gets Right & 3 Things It Gets Wrong
- Marvel’s Avengers Game: Best Characters, Ranked
- Marvel’s Avengers’ Story Should Have Been Put Center Stage