A brand-new animated series based on World of Warcraft will be debuting this Thursday according to Blizzard Entertainment. The upcoming show, titled Shadowlands Afterlives, will be the company’s first original animated series, with little information shared regarding it so far. A teaser was shared earlier today, showcasing the Castlevania-esque art the series will employ.
The premier is set for this Thursday, August 27, during Gamescom 2020‘s Opening Night Live at 11 AM PT or 2 PM ET. Check out the trailer here! Is the art style unique or what?
Shadowlands Afterlives will likely explore the World of Warcraft expansion’s central four realms, as stated in the description. The information given by the trailer’s release so far reads, “Just as our choices determine who we are in life– they pave the paths we take in the afterlife. Prepare to delve into four realms of the Shadowlands– Bastion, Maldraxxus, Ardenweald, and Revendreth– and discover the journeys souls take once they cross the eternal veil.”
There hasn’t been any information regarding characters yet, but we can expect major protagonists like Uther Lightbringer or the Winter Queen. Hopefully the series’ writing doesn’t end up as divisive as some of the recent game’s has.
For more information about the upcoming World of Warcraft expansion, check out some of these endgame details regarding Shadowlands while you wait for the animated series. You can also go here to find out how you can get and play on World of Warcraft’s Public Test Realm ahead of an update.
- Activision Blizzard Announces Record Financial Results Driven by Call of Duty, World of Warcraft, & Candy Crush
- World of Warcraft Devs Answer Questions About Chains of Domination & Burning Crusade Classic
- World of Warcraft Reveals Burning Crusade for Classic and Shadowlands: Chains of Domination
- Activision Announces Financials Above Expectations Ending Strong Year for COD & World of Warcraft
- World of Warcraft: Shadowlands Is Fastest-Selling PC Game Ever, Blizzard Claims