Another new season of Fortnite content is upon us, and this time we’re being plunged into the midst of the epic Nexus War. It’s a Marvel-themed crossover that brings the franchise’s iconic superheroes to the game. With such a big change there’s obviously a stack of new content to appreciate, so here’s everything new in Fortnite Chapter 2, Season 4.
Everything New in Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 4
Changes to the Map
The changes to Fortnite’s map for this season are nowhere near as drastic as last time. Rather than any major shifts in the landscape it’s more a case of familiar locations having been given a Marvel makeover.
This includes locations like Doom’s Domain at Pleasant Park, which has been taken over by the nefarious villain from the Fantastic Four. You can actually engage in battle with him, which gains you access to the Vault and grab his Arcane Gauntlets and Mystical Bomb.
Also, there’s the new unnamed Sentinel Graveyard, where players will find collapsed sentinels stricken about the area. These new POIs will be marked as undiscovered when you first boot up the game.
The most noticeable change is actually the spawn island, which is now a giant flying Helicarrier.
Finally, there are a bunch of Quinjet Patrol landing sites dotted around the map, which is where you’ll find Tony Stark’s drones have been deployed. Destroying these grants you access to his Stark Energy Rifle.
This season also brings an overhaul to Fortnite’s fishing mechanics. Specifically, there’s a new Pro Fishing Rod, which can catch you a bunch of different fish. We’re only aware of a handful so far, but it’s likely more will be introduced throughout the season.
- Vendetta Flopper: Mark nearby enemies
- Spicy Fish: Speed boost
- Hop Flopper: Gain low gravity
- Jellyfish: Splash on teammates to instantly apply health and shields
- Shield Fish: Gain shields
- Thermal Fish: “Consume to see it all”
Unsurprisingly, there’s a new Battle Pass to go along with Season 4, all themed around Marvel’s beloved heroes. It offers you a bunch of cool cosmetics to grind toward as you knock off daily and weekly challenges.
That includes characters like Thor, Mystique, She-Hulk, Storm, Wolverine, Groot, and Dr Doom. Each has its own unique emote, and there are also unique powers and items for every hero that players can call upon.
If you’re after information on how to get the battle pass, then check out our dedicated guide.
Lots of weapons and items are making the jump to and from the vault for this season. One of the big takeaways is that the pump shotgun, one of the game’s most powerful weapons, makes its big return.
- Tactical Shotgun (all rarities)
- Pistol (Epic/Legendary)
- Rapid Fire SMG (Rare/Epic/Legendary)
- Submachine Gun (all rarities)
- Hunting Rifle (Epic/Legendary)
- Flare Gun (Rare)
- Launch Pad (Epic)
- Stink Bomb (Rare)
- Decoy (Rare/Epic)
- Pump Shotgun (all rarities)
- Revolver (Epic/Legendary)
- Scoped Assault Rifle (Uncommon/Rare)
- Tactical Submachine Gun (Uncommon/Rare/Epic)
- Shockwave Grenade (Epic)
- Boogie Bomb (Rare)
- Bounce Pad (Rare)
- Port-a-Fort (Rare)
The first week of Season 4’s challenges is, of course, already live. Below we’ve listed what’s on the agenda, though you can find out more in our detailed guide on week 1 challenges.
- Search Chests at Dirty Docks (7)
- Eliminations at Holly Hedges (3)
- Collect Floating Rings at Misty Meadows (4)
- Eliminate Stark Robots at Quinjet Patrol Landing Sites (5)
- Gas Up a Vehicle at Lazy Lake (1)
- Deal Damage to Opponents with Stark Industries Energy Rifles (1000)
- Eliminate Doctor Doom at Doom’s Domain (3)
- Deal Damage to Opponents at Craggy Cliffs (500)
- Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 5 Week 9 Challenges Guide
- Y’all, Kratos Can Break It Down in Fortnite
- Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 5: How to Unlock Lexa Anime Skin
- Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 4 Guide Wiki
- Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 4 Week 7 Challenges