DeNA and The Pokemon Company have announced that a summer content update will be rolling out today for Pokemon Masters, the real-time battling and strategy mobile game.
Pokemon Masters players will have the opportunity to add Summer-themed versions of Steven and Alolan Sandslash and Lyra and Jigglypuff to their teams via the sync pair spotlight scout. These two pairs will be up for grabs until Aug 16, and both of them can use Ice-type attacks to deal heavy damage to those powerful Dragon- or Ground-types.
There will be an in-game event titled “Summer Superstars” that will also be available until Aug 1, but you need to have first completed chapter 1 of the story. The story revolves around a musical competition on the Island of Pasio called the Sync Pair Music Festival.
DeNA also announced that the following content is now available in the game:
- All Sync Pair Moves Unlocked: All sync pairs will now have their moves and passive skills unlocked from the moment they are obtained, providing players with more strategic gameplay options from the outset. All sync pairs will also have their initial level caps increased to Level 100, allowing players to focus on other attributes when training sync pairs.
- Stamina System Introduced: A stamina function has been introduced to the game on a trial basis. A player’s stamina is depleted when playing certain battles, recovering over time. A number of other improvements have been made to the game to streamline the addition of the stamina stystem, including the use of skip tickets, allowing players to skip a battle while still obtaining its rewards, and the Player Rank system, where total stamina capacity will be commensurate with a player’s rank.
- Bug-Type Egg Event: This event lets players earn Pokémon Eggs, which can be hatched into Bug-type Pokémon such as Scyther, Pinsir, Weedle, and Venonat. Rare shiny versions of Pinsir and Scyther can also be obtained. All Pokémon hatched from Eggs can be paired with the game’s Main Character to battle alongside one another. This event is available now until August 2 at 10:59PM Pacific time for players who have completed Chapter 1 of the Main Story.
- Summer Superstars – Login Bonus: Players that log in to the game daily until August 16 at 10:59PM Pacific time will be able to receive up to 1,400 Gems.
- Player Appreciation Gift – 3,000 Gems: A one-time gift of 3,000 Gems, stamina, and skip tickets will be provided to all players that log in to the game before August 11 at 10:59PM Pacific time.
You can watch two new trailers that highlight the two new characters right here via the Pokemon Masters YouTube channel.
You can also enjoy some official screenshots of the new content down below:
For more on Pokemon Masters, you can check out our coverage down below!
- Pokemon Masters EX Hit $75 Million Revenue in its First Year
- Pokemon Masters to Change Name as Major One-Year Anniversary Update Rolls Out
- Summer Superstars Event Now Live in Pokemon Masters, Brings Jigglypuff and Alolan Sandslash
- Pokemon Masters Adds Team Rocket Trio Jessie, James, and Meowth
- Latest Pokemon Masters Update Adds Story Events, Shiny Pokemon, New Eggs, S& More