With its latest patch, Ghost of Tsushima now features more difficulty options that will allow you to make the gameplay experience more accessible or more challenging. Specifically, a new difficulty mode has been added, and it’ll certainly provide a decent challenge if you thought the game was too easy. Here’s how to unlock Lethal difficulty and what it does in Ghost of Tsushima.
Unlocking Lethal Difficulty in Ghost of Tsushima
The good news is, you don’t have to do anything special to unlock this new difficulty mode. In fact, all you have to do is make sure that you’ve downloaded and installed the latest patch for Ghost of Tsushima on your PS4, and you’re pretty much good to go.
Once you boot up the game, head to the Options menu and check your gameplay settings. Under the difficulty setting, use the d-pad to change the difficulty, and you should see Lethal as an available option now. Confirm your selection, and the difficulty setting will be changed.
You can also tone it back down to the default setting whenever you want, just in case it’s a bit too much to handle.
Here are the changes in Lethal difficulty:
- Enemy weapons are more deadly, but Jin’s katana is also more deadly
- Enemies are more aggressive in combat
- Enemies detect you faster
- Tighter Parry and Dodge windows
What this means is that stealth becomes a lot more trickier, and it’ll also be a lot harder to dodge and parry enemy attacks safely. In addition to that, while enemies do deal higher damage to Jin, your strength has also been increased slightly to compensate for that. The idea behind this new setting is to create a high risk and high reward scenario where the enemy can take you down quickly, but you can also kill them just as fast.
That’s all you need to know about how to change to Lethal difficulty in Ghost of Tsushima and what changes it brings. Be sure to check our guide wiki for more tips and information on the game.
- Ghost of Tsushima Tops NPD July Charts; Is Fourth Biggest US Sony Launch Ever
- 8 Things to Do After Beating Ghost of Tsushima
- Ghost of Tsushima Video Discusses the Historical Perspective; Digital Deluxe Upgrade Released
- UK Sales: Animal Crossing New Horizons Beats Ghost of Tsushima; TLOU2 Drops out of Top 10
- Ticking off Ghost of Tsushima’s Map Is Incredibly Therapeutic