Bungie surprised Destiny 2 fans by releasing two exotic weapon quests at the same time: Ruinous Effigy and Traveler’s Chosen. While Ruinous Effigy you can go get right now if you want, at the time of this writing Traveler’s Chosen is time gated. That will change eventually of course, but for now let’s go over the steps that are available for how to get the Traveler’s Chosen exotic sidearm in Destiny 2.
How to Get Traveler’s Chosen in Destiny 2
Starting the Quest for Traveler’s Chosen
To start the quest for Traveler’s Chosen, simply head on over to Zavala and after a short speech you’ll have your first quest step.
The entire premise of this exotic quest is to help prepare all of the planets that are destined to be doomed by the end of the season.
The planets that are going bye bye are: Titan, Io, Mercury, and Mars. What you’ll need to do for each planet is complete a weekly bounty for one of them, and in return you’ll progress the Traveler’s Chosen and get a sweet Focused Umbral Engram that will contain a seasonal version of an item from that planet. You can repeat these each week if you want as well, pretty neat!
So as a result, the first half of this quest is straight forward. Visit the planet’s core NPC and then do a weekly bounty for them (obtainable via their bounty inventory).
It’s unknown at this time when the next half of the quest for Traveler’s Chosen will be added. But below you can check out the order you’ll need to go in for this half of the quest.
Preparation: All Quest Steps & Planets
- Visit Sloan on Titan & complete a weekly bounty.
- Visit Asher on Io & complete a weekly bounty.
- Check in with Zavala.
- Visit Brother Vance on Mercury & complete a weekly bounty.
- Visit Ana Bray on Mercury & complete a weekly bounty.
- Return to Zavala Once More
Once you’ve done those six steps, you’re done for now and will need to wait like everyone else until Bungie releases the next steps.
That’s all you need to know for how to get the Traveler’s Chosen exotic sidearm in Destiny 2 for now. Once the full quest steps are released we’ll update this guide.
Featured image via LightGG
- Latest Destiny 2 TWAB Details Reprised Dreaming City & Moon Gear, Stasis Nerfs, Updated Vendor Progression, & More
- Best Destiny 2 PvE Classes & PvE Subclasses, Ranked (2021)
- Can You Match Each Destiny 2 Exotic to its Perk? Test Your Exotic Knowledge
- Destiny 2 Dawning: How to Get a Gift in Return
- Destiny 2 Dawning: How to Get Glacioclasm & Farm It