Blathers might be creeped out by the insects in Animal Crossing New Horizons, but we love catching them! They’re cool, sometimes loud like the Walker Cicada, and make an educational addition to your island’s museum. In this guide we’re going to go over how to catch the Walker Cicada, its location, sell price and more in Animal Crossing New Horizons. Let’s fly right into the guide.
Walker Cicada Seasonality & Spawn Times
Depending on what hemisphere you are playing in, these are the times of year that the Walker Cicada can be caught.
- Northern Hemisphere: August-September
- Southern Hemisphere: February-March
As long as you are playing in the respective months, the Walker Cicada can be found between 8am and 5pm. Make sure to catch it while it’s on your island since it’s only around a couple of months a year.
Catching the Walker Cicada in Animal Crossing New Horizons
On to how you actually catch one of these “buggers.” Equip your bug net and make sure you’re holding it, approach any fully grown tree (slowly) that has the Walker Cicada resting on it, and release your net when you are close enough to catch it!
There you have it– your very own Walker Cicada! If you find yourself having trouble finding one, listen out for a distinctive unique chirping. This insect is not quiet, much like the other types of Cicada in the game.
As mentioned above, you need to approach this bug slowly to be able to catch it. If you walk too quickly, it will fly off before you can get close enough to it.
Walker Cicada Sell Price
If you’re looking to sell your Walker Cicada, you can earn just 400 bells from the twins at Nook’s Cranny. If you wait until Flick is around, you can fetch a slightly nicer 600 bells!
There you have it– how to catch the chirpy Walker Cicada on your island in Animal Crossing New Horizons. For some more tips and tricks, check out our wiki or see the related articles below.
- Disney’s Hercules Song Zero to Hero Recreated via Animal Crossing New Horizons
- Animal Crossing New Horizons User Adorably Re-Creates Rainbow Road
- Animal Crossing New Horizons Update Is Bringing Back Festivale
- UK Sales: Animal Crossing New Horizons Beats Ghost of Tsushima; TLOU2 Drops out of Top 10
- Furifu, Japanese Kimono Company, Releases 10 Yukata Designs For Animal Crossing New Horizons