Today, during the Guerrilla Collective show, developer Nito Souji showcased a new gameplay trailer of Pull Stay.
Pull Stay is a beat ’em up game with tower defense mechanics but that doesn’t even start describing what you’re abut to say.
I don’t think I’ve seen something this crazy in quite a while, and I mean it in the most positive way possible.
If you don’t believe me, check the trailer presented during the show below.
Pull Stay is coming to PC via Steam in 2021. Here’s a handy official description.
- Old-school Beat ’em up brawler as the core mechanic. You can learn a new move by smacking each enemy type accordingly.
- Silly and funny Traps: Baked fish missile, Toothpaste turret, Watermelon bazooka… and much more! Over 15 types of gadgets are ready to be unlocked by you!
- Break neighbors’ houses to collect resources. Use them to set traps or build a new room.
- You can have Susumu make power-up items for you. But be careful! When he’s goofing off, give him some loving punishment.
- Young jobless guy who is avoiding social interactions and shutting himself inside his room all day.
- In Japan, people like him are called Hikikomori (shut-in), which has become a big social problem.
- Enemies are trying to reach out to Susumu because they are worried about him, or want to mock him, or just to see him in the wild…
- When enemies reach Susumu, the game is over. I cannot explain what exactly will happen there, but I can relate to Susumu so badly because I’m also a Hikikomori. I’m making this game solo just trying to reflect my own situation with this game…