In Fortnite’s last season, it introduced Maya, a character players could customize and make their own with numerous style options for different parts of her body. In Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 3, Epic Games has added in the ‘Build-A-Brella’ feature, allowing players to do the very same thing but with a glider. In this guide, we’re going to talk you through how to create your own Fortnite umbrella.
Using Build-a-Brella in Fortnite
To use the Build-a-Brella feature, you’ll need to navigate to the Battle Pass screen from the lobby by tabbing over.
From here, you should see the ‘Build-a-Brella’ option in the top-right hand corner. Select this and you’ll now see a screen allowing you to completely change the various parts of your umbrella.
Players have the ability to change the following aspects of their Fortnite umbrella.
How to Unlock All Fortnite Umbrella Customization Options
Keep in mind that you’ll need to unlock these various customization options by progressing your Battle Pass and completing challenges throughout the season.
- Topper – Reach Level 15
- Shaft – Reach Level 35
- Canopy – Reach Level 55
- Bottom Cap – Reach Level 75
- Trail Effects Color – Reach Level 95
- Topper Color – Complete Challenge in 8 Days
- Shaft Color – Challenge in 15 Days
- Canopy Primary Color – Challenge in 22 Days
- Bottom Cap Color – Challenge in 29 Days
- Canopy Secondary Color – Challenge in 36 Days
Five of the ‘Build-a-Brella’ customization options are locked behind completing specific challenges yet to be revealed in the game. For now, we’ve noted next to them when the challenge will go live in Fortnite at the time of writing.
The great news is how much added customization players have over their Fortnite umbrella compared to Maya. The ‘Build-a-Brella’ feature allows players to choose their own custom colors for the umbrella from a hefty palette, but also lets players change the hue, saturation and brightness by creating a ‘Custom Color.’
There you have everything there is to know on how to create your own umbrella in Fortnite. For more tips, tricks, and guides, be sure to check out our ever-expanding guide wiki, or check out more of our coverage on the game below.
- Fortnite Aquaman Week 3 Challenge: How to Catch Different Types of Fish
- Fortnite Season 3 Week 3 Challenge Guide
- Fortnite Floating Rings Locations: Where to Collect Floating Rings at Lazy Lake
- Fortnite Rickety Rig Crane Location: Where to Dance on Top of Crane at Rickety Rig
- Fortnite: Save the World Leaves Early Access; Ends Plans for Free-To-Play