Animal Crossing New Horizons is a game that’s meant to be played over a long period of time, and you’re encouraged to check back in especially as the seasons start changing. When fall rolls around, for instance, you’ll gain access to new materials and DIY Recipes. Here’s how to get mushrooms in Animal Crossing New Horizons.
Getting Mushrooms in Animal Crossing New Horizons
Mushrooms are a new type of resource you can pick up around your island during the fall. The dates for the season in-game are as listed below:
- Northern hemisphere: Sept. 1 to Dec. 11
- Southern hemisphere: March 1 to June 11
At the time of writing, this means that unless you’re time traveling, you won’t be able to get the resources if you don’t have access to a southern hemisphere island. Alternatively, you can always visit other players living on southern hemisphere islands to collect a few instead.
There are a variety of different mushrooms to collect as well, and most of them can be picked up around trees. We’ve listed all of them below for your perusal:
- Thin Mushroom
- Round Mushroom
- Flat Mushroom
- Rare Mushroom (must be dug up from holes that usually spawn near trees)
- Elegant Mushroom
You’ll be able to get a few of each type per day on your island, so you’ll want to check back daily to grab as many as possible. There are, of course, new DIY Recipes that come with these materials as well and they can be obtained through the usual methods like messages in bottles, getting them from villagers, or shooting down sky balloons as they pass by. These will also be available once the fall season arrives on your island.
That’s all you need to know about how to get mushrooms in Animal Crossing New Horizons. Be sure to check our guide wiki for more tips and information on the game.
- Disney’s Hercules Song Zero to Hero Recreated via Animal Crossing New Horizons
- Animal Crossing New Horizons User Adorably Re-Creates Rainbow Road
- Animal Crossing New Horizons Update Is Bringing Back Festivale
- UK Sales: Animal Crossing New Horizons Beats Ghost of Tsushima; TLOU2 Drops out of Top 10
- Furifu, Japanese Kimono Company, Releases 10 Yukata Designs For Animal Crossing New Horizons