Kiki the black cat is an Animal Crossing favorite. Totally adorable and with a name that is almost certainly a reference to the excellent Studio Ghibli film Kiki’s Delivery Service, she caught the eye of many in after appearing in Wild Wood. But how does one get her in New Horizons? Here’s everything you need to know about how to get Kiki, what her birthday is, and what sort of personality type you’ll be contending with.
How to Get Kiki in Animal Crossing New Horizons
Just like other villagers in Animal Crossing New Horizons, Kiki can be acquired in a number of different ways. Let’s break it down.
- Scan Kiki’s Amiibo – By far and away the easiest method of getting Kiki to join your village is if you use her amiibo card. This can purchased over the game’s official website, but if you a friend that has the card handy then borrowing it would also work since it can be activated more than once. Regardless, once you have the card, simply scan it at the terminal in the town hall, she will visit your campsite. Convince her to move to your island and she’ll take up one of the available plots.
- Have Her Randomly Show Up – If you’re willing to be patient, Kiki might just turn up on her own. Throughout your adventure, villagers will randomly show up at your island’s campsite. You’ve roughly got 1/400 chance that the next is Kiki!
- Visit Nook Miles Islands – When visiting other islands you’ll frequently bump into a fellow tourist, and if you’re lucky it might be Kiki. She can then be convinced to come back to your island. If you’re unsure about how to visit other islands then read our dedicated guide. In brief, once you’ve racked up 2,000 Nook Miles, you can redeem them at the terminal in resident services (Town Hall) for a Nook Miles Ticket that can, in turn, be used to travel on Dodo Airlines to another island.
- Take Her From Another Player’s Island – Just as is the case with any villager in the game, you’ll potentially have the chance to recruit Kiki when visiting another player’s island. That’s only if she’s in her packing state (has lots of cardboard boxes in her house). You can then slide in and convince her to move to your island. Just make sure you don’t already have 10 villagers.
Animal Crossing New Horizons Kiki Birthday
Kiki’s birthday is October 8, which makes her a Libra. If you choose to visit her on this day, do make sure you have a gift as she’ll be expecting one!
Kiki Personality Type
Kiki has a normal personality type, which obviously means she’s female but, more importantly, results in her frequently showing acts of kindness to the player.
Normal personalities are the most common in the game and get on well with most others, except perhaps for cranky and sisterly villagers.
That’s everything you need to know about Animal Crossing New Horizons’ Kiki. For more guides, head over to our wiki, or check out more of our coverage on the game below.
- Animal Crossing New Horizons User Adorably Re-Creates Rainbow Road
- Animal Crossing New Horizons: All New March Bugs, Fish & Sea Creatures You Can Catch
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons Gets Hello Kitty and Sanrio Items in March
- Animal Crossing New Horizons: How to Get All Mario Items
- Here’s How the Mario Warp Pipes Will Work in Animal Crossing: New Horizons