After beginning Mount and Blade 2, skirmishing with groups of bandits is a great way to start making headway in your quest to rule Caldaria. You’ll gain valuable combat expertise, contribute to increasing your clan level, and have the opportunity to both recruit and sell any prisoners you take along the way. As is typical of the game, though, you’re never given much direction or tutorial when it comes to managing your party, so here’s a guide on how to sell prisoners in Mount and Blade 2 Bannerlord.
How to Sell Prisoners in Mount and Blade 2 Bannerlord
After successfully winning a battle, you’ll typically take one or two prisoners. While the recruitment process is done from your party menu, the selling of them is handled when you visit a local town.
Importantly, you won’t be able to sell prisoners at any old village. Instead, you must head to a larger settlement. Only big towns and cities have a tavern, and that’s the building you’re looking for to sell off unwanted prisoners.
As you can see above, once you have traveled to a town, select tavern, and then you’ll see a “Ransom your prisoners” option. You can either do this in one fell swoop or by selecting the option underneath to drill into your list of prisoners and sell them one-by-one. After all, you may want to keep some of the better ones for recruitment.
Time needed: 5 minutes.
Here’s a step-by-step breakdown on how to sell prisoners in Mount and Blade 2:
- Once you have taken prisoners after a battle, head to a large settlement or city. Specifically, one that has a tavern.
- After you arrive, select the tavern option from the menu, then you’ll see two options to ransom prisoners. You can either sell all of them or sell them individually.
That is everything there is to know about how to sell prisoners in Mount and Blade 2 Bannerlord. For more useful tips and guides on the game, Twinfinite has you covered. Use the search function from the home page.
Alternatively, there’s related content below you may find useful.
- Mount and Blade 2: How to Make Money Fast
- Mount and Blade 2: How to Get Charcoal
- Mount and Blade 2: How to Get Companions
- Mount and Blade II: Bannerlord Launches in Early Access This March
- Mount and Blade II: Bannerlord Gets an Early Access Release Date & New Trailer