There are several flower types available in Animal Crossing New Horizons, and pretty much all of them can be cross-bred to create hybrid flowers with different colors. By far the most annoying one, though, has to be the Mums. Here’s how to get green Mums in Animal Crossing New Horizons.
Getting Green Mums in Animal Crossing New Horizons
First things first, before you can start cross-breeding flowers, you’ll need to get the Mums. It is possible to get them as your local flower type on your island –simply check the cliffs to see what flowers are growing there.
If they’re not local, you have a chance of buying them at Nook’s Cranny, though their stock usually only carries seeds for the local flower and another random flower type, and it’s unlikely you’ll be able to get the Mums rotated through their catalog that way. You’ll have a better shot at checking out mystery islands with Nook Miles Tickets, or just trading them with friends who have them.
However, with the latest update in Animal Crossing New Horizons, Leif can now visit your island and sell you flower seeds. His stock will also rotate, but you have a much higher chance of getting Mums seeds from him.
Breeding Hybrid Flowers
We’ve listed all of the possible hybrid combinations down below, including how to get the green Mums specifically:
- Pink: White + Red
- Purple: White + White
- Hybrid Yellow: Red + Yellow
- Hybrid Purple: Hybrid Yellow + Hybrid Yellow
- Green: Hybrid Purple + Hybrid Purple
The tricky thing here is that you need to breed your Mums carefully so that you won’t get mixed up between the regular and hybrid purples and yellows, with the latter ones being require in the process to get you green Mums.
You’ll want to plant them in a formation where there’s space for an extra plant to grow, and water them to increase your chances of getting another flower to spawn.
In addition to that, we’ve also included a graphic down below to indicate the best way to plant your Mums if you’re looking to get the hybrids efficiently. Credit to BackwardsN and peach-n-key.
That’s all you need to know about how to get green Mums in Animal Crossing New Horizons. Be sure to check our guide wiki for more tips and information on the game.
- 8 Ways to Prepare for Animal Crossing New Horizons’ 2.0 Update & Happy Home Paradise
- What’s New in Animal Crossing New Horizons v2.0 Update? Everything You Need to Know
- What’s New in Animal Crossing New Horizons’ Happy Home Paradise DLC? Everything You Need to Know
- Disney’s Hercules Song Zero to Hero Recreated via Animal Crossing New Horizons
- Animal Crossing New Horizons User Adorably Re-Creates Rainbow Road