You’re busy exploring Sangoku-era Japan and you come across an evil-looking Purple Kodama standing… well, floating in your way in Nioh 2. Your natural reaction may be to whip out your weapon and slay it, or try and use your Ki to purify it, but nothing will work. Instead, you’ll be told that the Purple Kodama in Nioh 2 “Seems to want something.” Here’s what to give the Purple Kodama in Nioh 2.
What To Do With Purple Kodama in Nioh 2
When you see the prompt that the Purple Kodama seems to want something, all you need to do is open up your inventory and drop any kind of item. The Kodama will make its way over to the item and pick it up, before dropping a new, different item in exchange.
What If the Purple Kodama Asks for “the Smelly Round Thing”?
On the rare occasion that the Purple Kodama is a little more specific in what it asks for, you can’t just give it anything, as you might have guessed.
When the Purple Kodama asks for the smelly round thing, you’ll want to give it a dung ball out of your inventory. Drop it and in return, for some weird reason, the Purple Kodama will give you a bunch of rare items in return. Who knew carrying around a load of dung would turn out to be so worthwhile?
That’s everything you need to know on what to do with the Purple Kodama in Nioh 2. For more tips, tricks, and guides, you can have over to our guide wiki, search for Twinfinite, or have a browse through more of our coverage below.
- Koei Tecmo Promises to Address Nioh 2’s PC Performance and Mouse & Keyboard Issuse in Upcoming Updates
- Nioh & Nioh 2 Remastered Complete Edition for PS5 & PC Get Trailer & Screenshots to Celebrate Release
- Nioh 2 Remastered for PS5 Gets Another 17 Hours of Gameplay as Duo of Japanese Streamers Clears the Game
- Nioh 2 Remastered for PS5 Looks As Deadly As Ever in 29 Hours of Gameplay
- Koei Tecmo Announces Record Quarter; Hyrule Warriors, Nioh 2, & Atelier Ryza 2 Shipments Revealed