How to get akimbo pistols in Modern Warfare? It’s the question that’s the talk of the town in this current season, with fans’ cries finally being heard by Infinity Ward and the dual-wielding capability being added into the game. Here’s how to unlock akimbo guns in Modern Warfare.
For those unaware, Akimbo is a perk that enables players to dual-wield weapons. It doubles your firepower, but at the cost of accuracy, so you’ll want to make sure this is definitely the right call for the game mode you’re playing, or the type of map you’re on.
Getting Akimbo Pistols in Modern Warfare
To unlock Akimbo in Modern Warfare, you need to complete a challenge. Only pistols can be used in Akimbo currently, and you’ll need to complete a small challenge for each pistol to unlock the Akimbo perk for that specific weapon.
We’ve listed all CoD: Modern Warfare Akimbo challenges down below, so you know how to unlock the Akimbo perk for each weapon.
- X16: Get three kills in five different matches with the Sleight of Hand perk
- 1911: Get three kills in five different matches with the Mo’Money perk
- .357: Get three kills in five different matches with the Recon perk
- M19: Get three kills in five different matches with the Frangible-Wouding perk
- .50 GS: Get three kills in five different matches with the FMJ perk
As you can see, the Akimbo challenges remain largely the same across each weapon. You’ll always need to get three kills in five different matches with a particular perk. It’s just the perk you have to use that changes each time.
Equipping Akimbo Perk in Modern Warfare
Once you’ve completed the challenge, simply make your way into the Gunsmith section and begin editing your loadout.
Choose the sidearm you’d like to use in Akimbo, and then select its perk slot. You should now be able to choose the Akimbo Perk, which will let you dual-wield your weapons.
That’s everything you need to know on how to get Akimbo pistols in Modern Warfare. You can head over to our guide wiki for more tips and tricks.
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Warzone Get Season Three Trailer Ahead of Tomorrow’s Release
- How Long Modern Warfare 2 Remastered Campaign Is & How Many Missions There Are
- Is Modern Warfare 2 Remastered Coming to PC? Answered
- Is Modern Warfare 2 Remastered Coming to Xbox One? Answered
- CoD: Modern Warfare 2 Remastered Trailer Is Typically Explosive; PS4 Launch is Today