Epic Games has just concluded the downtime for the Fortnite 12.10 update and the patch is now available to download on all platforms.
The news came via a tweet from the Fortnite Status Twitter account. Here, Epic shared that the downtime would take place at 4am ET, and has since concluded.
In terms of Fortnite’s headline Battle Royale mode, there are some new gameplay additions.
First and foremost the Loot Llama has returned to all normal Battle Royale modes.
On top of that, a Proximity Mine has been added. As the name suggests, these can be placed and then will explode when an enemy walks close to it.
Fortnite 12.10 Update Bug Fixes
For the most part, however, Fortnite’s 12.10 update focuses on introducing more cosmetics, preparing challenges for later in the week, and making a number of important bug fixes to the Battle Royale mode. We’ve noted all of these down below, and came from the official Trello board.
- Players’ Flair style of the Y0ND3R Outfit may have been locked upon the launch of v12.00.
- Big Haul Glider variant may not unlock when unlocking the Shadow or Ghost variant for Brutus.
Battle Royale Issues
- XP gained from some XP Coins may not appear on the Season Level XP bar, despite appearing as collected.
- Players may be unable to place a trap if the trap icon hasn’t finished loading.
- Players on controller may be unable to close the map with the map input if the input is bound to directional pad up.
- Teammate arrows may flicker/temporarily disappear in Team Rumble.
- As players hit Weak Points while harvesting, some hits may not register if the weak point is very close to them.
- In Splitscreen play, Player 1’s opening the inventory/menu may stop the action Player 2 is doing with their trigger button.
The Fortnite 12.10 update is available to download now on all platforms. It weighs in at 2.39 GB on Xbox One, and 1.75 GB on PC.
- Batman Zero Joins Fortnite; Collaborative Comic Series Also Launched
- Court Documents Reveal Fortnite Made Over $9 Billion in Revenue For Epic Over a Two-Year Period
- Fortnite 16.30 Update Adds Neymar Jr Quests, New Bow & LTMs
- Warzone Could Learn a Thing or Two About In-Game Events from Fortnite
- Fortnite’s Radio Stations Are Being Interrupted by a Mysterious Message