Animal Crossing New Horizons’ rarest resources aren’t only farmed from the ground; some of them come from the heavens. Specifically, the elusive star fragments, which are only found after a certain event occurs and only used to forge certain DIY recipes. Here’s how to get Star Fragments and what they’re used for in Animal Crossing New Horizons.
What Star Fragments Are Used For
If you’re reading this guide then you’re likely already up to speed with what Star Fragments is primarily used for. Presumably, you’ve met Celeste the Owl, who is found randomly across the island (sort of — more on that later) and gives you a recipe for the Magic/Star Wand, which requires three Star Fragments.
And if not, that’s basically what you need to know: Star Fragments are an essential component of various magic wands in the game, like the Star Wand. They’re also useful for a number of other DIY recipes, too, such as the Aries Rocking Chair, Cancer Table, etc.
How to Get Star Fragments in Animal Crossing New Horizons
To harvest Star Fragments, you’ll need to wait for a Meteor Shower to occur. Don’t worry if you aren’t sure when that’s going to happen because thankfully Tom Nook and/or Isabelle typically give you a call if one is likely to take place (though not always). In fact, the reason you bumped into Celeste if you did is that a Meteor Shower was taking place that evening; Celeste only appears in the evening when Meteor Showers are occurring.
Now you’ve been given fair warning that a Meteor Shower is happening, you’ll want to take a stroll and watch out for a shooting star. When you see one, tilt the camera up and press A to Make a Wish. This is an important part of the process. You’ll know when one has been registered because the star will twinkle. Try to make as many as possible as this seems to reward you with a greater number of fragments.
The next day you’ll find Star Fragments washed up on the local beach. Typically they drop in clusters and sometimes there are larger fragments called Large Star Fragments.
Let’s recap with a step-by-step breakdown of the entire process:
- Wait for a meteor shower to occur (Tom Nook/Isabelle will usually notify you).
- Walk about the island until you spot a shooting star.
- Tilt your camera up and press A repeatedly to make wishes to the star. Make as many as possible. The star will twinkle when a wish has been registered.
- Go down to the local beach the next day and pick up the star fragments.
What the Magic Star Wand Does
Rather bizarrely, The Magic Wand or Star Wand is used to instantly switch outfits in New Horizons. There are eight outfits you can switch between.
That’s everything you should need to know about how to get star fragments and what they do in Animal Crossing New Horizons. For more useful tips and guides on the game, be sure to check out Twinfinite’s extensive wiki guide.
- Animal Crossing Player Gets Pascal’s Help Proposing to Girlfriend
- Animal Crossing & Pokemon Crossover With These Adorable Fan-Made Stickers
- More Seasonal Updates Coming to Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- Disney’s Hercules Song Zero to Hero Recreated via Animal Crossing New Horizons
- Animal Crossing Fans Have Been Getting Creative With This New Way To Customize