Phantasy Star Online 2’s hotly-anticipated arrival in the west finally has a release date for its closed beta test. Microsoft announced today that it’s set to launch next month, Feb. 7 at 5 pm EST and run through until Feb. 8, 11.59 PM exclusively on Xbox One.
Despite the short run time, there’s plenty being crammed into this first beta test; players will have the opportunity to take on urgent quests, obtain special rewards, and watch concerts live!
Those interested can sign up through the Xbox Insider Hub, though the beta is only available in Canada and the US. You can find full instructions here.
Pre-loading of the beta will begin early next week, Feb. 3, to maximize playtime over the 30-hour beta window. That same download client will morph into the full game once it’s available, so only a single download is required. All progress from the beta will carry over onto the main game.
Below we’ve broken down the events, quests, and reward schedule that players can take part in during the busy closed beta.
- 8 to 8:30 p.m. PST – Cradle of Darkness
- 10 to 10:30 p.m. PST – Giant Automata: The Awakening
- 7 to 7:30 a.m. PST – Cradle of Darkness
- 1 to 1:30 p.m. PST – Giant Automata: The Awakening
- 5 to 5:30 p.m. PST – Cradle of Darkness
- 8:30 to 9 p.m. PST – The Raging Obsidian Arm
- 9 to 9:30 p.m. PST – Elder of the Unfathomable Abyss
- First Login – Photon Halo B (Accessory) and Beauty Salon Free Pass (Consumable)
- Daily Rewards – EXP Boost +50% (x3), Rare Drop Boost +50% (x3), Meseta Boost +50% (x3) (Consumables)
Players will receive these rewards when the game officially launches (release date TBA).
- Complete 1 Urgent Quest – Photon Halo C (Accessory), Triboost +100% (Consumable)
- Complete 2 Urgent Quests – Photon Halo A (Accessory), Triboost +100% (Consumable)
- Complete 3 Urgent Quests – Mag Dreamcast (Evolution Device), Triboost +100% (Consumable)
- Complete 4 Urgent Quests – Coated Edge (Weapon Camo), Triboost +100% (x10) (Consumable)
Quna’s Concert Times
- February 8th – 8 to 8:15 p.m. PST – Performing the songs “Our Fighting” and “Eternal Encore”
- Buffs Received – Rare Drop Rate Increase, Meseta Drop Rate Increase, and Experience Points Rate Increase
You can read more about Xbox’s Aaron Greenberg sharing his thoughts on Phantasy Star Online 2 as an IP and the company’s initiative to help Japanese devs reach a greater western audience here.