The upcoming indie open-world ARPG Everreach: Project Eden is back again with a new trailer called “Safety & Care.” This time we get to see combat in much more detail, including some more sweeping shots of its sandbox.
The Bioware inspiration is definitely on full display, but we’ll once again remind you that Everreach’s indie budget is definitely not going to be able to replicate anything like the scale of Mass Effect.
Still, if you like a good old-fashioned RPG and don’t mind what we presume is going to be a little jank here and there, Everreach is definitely one to keep an eye on.
In case you didn’t read our previous article on the game, here’s an overview of the story and premise, as well as a list of key features:
Everreach: Project Eden is a fast-paced, story-driven action-RPG set on the visually stunning Planet Eden. In Everreach, you play as Nora Harwood, member of Everreach’s Security Division, on a mission to secure the colonization process of Eden and investigate mysterious incidents.Explore this vast alien world and descend into the planet’s depths to discover the ancient secrets of a long-forgotten civilization.
Packed with tactical ground combat, high-speed vehicular warfare and a compelling level and skill system, Everreach immerses you in its intriguing story and diversified gameplay.
- Play as a highly trained security guard specialized in extraterrestrial missions
- Customize your skills and gear through a classical skill tree with over 80 upgrades
- Engage in tactical battles, deploy force fields or use the environment against your foes
- Immerse yourself in 8 hours of story from Michelle Clough, game writer and former narrative QA for the Mass Effect trilogy
- Explore Eden’s beautiful vistas designed by Mai-Anh Tran, an artists who worked on movies such as WarCraft and Star Trek: Beyond
- Hop onto your hoverbike to engage in high-speed vehicular warfare
You can check out the new trailer below.
Everreach: Project Eden is set for a December launch window. The game is coming to PC and Xbox One.