Fusion rifles are near and dear to my heart as a longtime user of them going back to the day I got Pocket Infinity in Destiny 1. After the recent buff to them towards the middle of year 2, fusion rifles are in a pretty great spot in Destiny 2. So let’s go over the best fusion rifles for PvE, PvP, and Gambit in Destiny 2 as of cusp of the Shadowkeep era.
In PvE (and Gambit) right now the fusion rifle meta is dominated by small group of stand out weapons. On the legendary side of things, there’s one fusion rifle to rule them all and that’s Loaded Question.
Not only is the vanguard pinnacle weapon a powerful fusion rifle just based on its base stats, but it also fires an extremely powerful AoE blast when at full ammo (seven shots). It pretty much outclasses any legendary fusion rifle right now, and is not that difficult to obtain. Go out and get it if you want to use a fusion rifle in PvE.
Your other popular options are the exotic fusion rifles currently in-game: Jotuun, One Thousand Voices, Telesto and Merciless. Jotuun is an excellent long-range fusion rifle that does solid of damage to, well, anything but is especially great at dealing with minors and majors and isn’t bad on bosses.
Merciless is more of a traditional fusion rifle, and as long as you don’t mind being up a bit closer and can spec your character to keep you ammo reserves high, it can burn down majors and bosses decently well albeit less safely than Jotuun.
One Thousand Voices is extremely hard to get, but is one of the strongest guns in the game for certain encounters. It’s particular great at burning majors and is strong versus bosses as well.
And finally Telesto is similar to Loaded Question as it is great versus majors, but with much less splash damage potential, but without the need to be fully reloaded and better single target DPS.
Best Fusion Rifles in Destiny 2
Best for PvE and Gambit
- Jotuun (Energy, Solar, Exotic) – Possible drop after completing powerful weapon frames at Bergusia Forge.
- Loaded Question (Energy, Arc) – Complete the vanguard pinnacle quest: Countdown to Zero
- Merciless (Energy, Solar, Exotic) – Rare exotic world drop.
- One Thousand Voices (Power, Solar, Exotic) – Extremely rare drop from completing the raid, Last Wish.
- Telesto (Energy, Void) – Rare exotic world drop.
- Tempered Dynamo (Energy, Arc) – Random drop from the raid Scourge of the Past.
- Zealot’s Reward (Energy, Void) – Possible drop from completing encounters in the raid, Garden of Salvation.