Today, during the Inside Xbox livestream from Los Angeles, Microsoft’s Xbox Division Head Phil Spencer walked on stage to talk about the future of Xbox and the next-gen console codenamed Project Scarlett.
Spencer also confirmed XO19 for this year and talked about Game Pass and the acquisition of Double Fine Productions.
Below you can check out a recap of what he mentioned below.
- Xbox is looking for great teams with a great track record. They approached Tim Schafer and have talked to them for months. According to Spencer, Microsoft can offer financial stability and creative freedom. He believes that there’s a great future in store for Double Fine.
- Yesterday Microsoft has broken a record for people signing up on Xbox Games Pass.
- When thinking about the design of Project Scarlett, Microsoft and Phil Spencer wanted to make sure that there was backward compatibility across all Xbox generations. It’s a matter of respecting all the purchases made by customers over the year.
- Spencer mentioned that it’s important to put xCloud’s preview in the hands of the customers in October and to see what they have to say about it.
- Speaking of the XO event, Phil Spencer confirmed that XO19 will come in November in London. More details will come at Gamescom.
Project Scarlett will release in the Holiday season of 2020.