You won’t be able to get your economy booming in Rise of Industry unless you’re establishing trade routes across air, land, and sea. Here’s how to use the truck depot if you’re not sure how to start running cargo between two depots.
How to Use the Truck Depot in Rise of Industry
As we’ve mentioned in other guides, Rise of Industry’s trade route system is effective but not all that intuitive. There are key steps you’ll need to follow each time and it’s a slightly convoluted process.
The good news is that the process doesn’t change all that much between vehicles, except in terms of the infrastructure you’ll need to have in place (depot type, road/tracks, etc).
In the case of truck depots, these buildings are for the purpose of moving cargo from one area to the next. They are best used for medium distances. Truck Depots are used by Trade Trucks, which cost $250 per unit and have a tile cost of $5.
Below we’ve listed the steps for setting up a truck depot trade route:
- First, click ‘Add Route’
- Select which vehicle you will use for the trade route
- Choose which depot to send the vehicle to
- Click the “+” button to add a slot product to the route and repeat until you have the desired amount (or full)
- Click the “add stop” button if you wish to add a stop along the way, then choose a Depot from the list you wish to be a stop
- Select the number of Fleets to be apart of the route and repeat until you are happy with your design. Adding more stops may require you to change the mode of the Product from Drop Off (Red) to Keep (Black), or even Pickup (Green) if you actually are picking up another product.
- Once the Route is complete Click the “>” button next to the Trade Route name to start the route.
That should be everything you need to know about how to use the truck depot in Rise of Industry. For more useful tips and guides on the game, be sure to search Twinfinite.