Today, during a livestream on Twitch, Gearbox Software revealed the first gameplay trailer of its upcoming looter shooter Borderlands 3.
The reveal was teased just a couple of days ago, and the developer kept its word. trailer showcases
You can check it out below.
Incidentally, CEO Randy Pitchford mentioned during the livestream that Borderlands 3 is a “much, much larger game” than any title of the series than ever before, and has many more bosses. While there will be some “really cool campaign DLC” he also confirmed that there won’t be microtransactions nor “any of that nonsense.”
If you missed the initial reveal, here is some official info on the new game.
- A Mayhem-Fueled Thrill Ride: Stop the fanatical Calypso Twins from uniting the bandit clans and claiming the galaxy’s ultimate power.
- Your Vault Hunter, Your Playstyle: Become one of four extraordinary Vault Hunters, each with unique abilities, playstyles, deep skill trees, and tons of personalization options.
- Lock, Load, and Loot: With bazillions of guns and gadgets, every fight is an opportunity to score new gear.
- New Borderlands: Discover new worlds beyond Pandora, each featuring unique environments to explore and enemies to destroy.
- Quick & Seamless Co-Op Action: Play with anyone at any time online or in split-screen co-op, regardless of your level or mission progress.
In case you missed it, you can also enjoy the first trailer that provided a familiar but cinematic look at the game and its characters. You can also enjoy a video featuring the EchoCast Twitch extension that lets you take a look at the stats and sweet loot your favorite streamer is playing with.
Borderlands 3 will launch on September 13th for PS4, Xbox One, and PC. It’ll be exclusive to the Epic Games Store for a year on PC.