Today Creative Assembly revealed the next DLC for its popular strategy game Total War: Warhammer 2, titled The Prophet & The Warlock.
The DLC will make two factions playable with their own legendary lords. Clan Skryre will be led by Ikit Claw, and Cult of Sotek will be led by Tehenhauin.
At the bottom of the post you can check out the trailer and a few screenshots of the DLC, which releases on April 17, obviously only for PC. Pre-orders on Steam are already available with a 10% discount.
- Two powerful new Legendary Lords with new quest-chains, legendary items and skills trees
- Play as Clan Skryre (Skaven) or the Cult of Sotek (Lizardmen) with unique new campaign mechanics
- Two new additional Lord types
- Nine new battlefield units and variants including the bullet-spewing Ratling Gun Weapon Teams and the fearsome Ripperdactyls
- Unleash ultimate devastation with the Clan Skryre Doomrocket, or summon an aspect of the very serpent god himself into battle with the Invocation of Sotek!
- New Regiments of Renown to unlock, recruit and field
“The great serpent-god Sotek may sleep, but Tehenauin – his most devoted prophet – does not. The time has come for the foul Skaven to pay the butcher’s bill for their plague-spreading acts, and pay they will – with their very lives! Tehenauin marshals his fellow Red-Crested Skinks: there will be a sacrifice. A vast, crimson sacrifice. Only when the temple-city altars are drenched with Skaven blood will the serpent god become manifest and enact his divine wrath…
But the Skaven do not sit idly by while Tehenauin plans his crusade. Scenting great Warpstone deposits in the jungles of Lustria, the arch Warlock-Engineer Ikit Claw has claimed The Star Tower in the name of Clan Skryre: a staging-post from which to delve deep into the continental interior. With the Forbidden Workshop at his disposal, Ikit Claw will bend the raw stuff of chaos to his twisted designs, forging ever-more ingenious and cataclysmic weapons… and placing the Warlock-Engineer on a collision course with the Prophet of Sotek!”
Total War: Warhammer II is currently available exclusively for PC.
Fans of the franchise can also look forward to Total War: Three Kingdoms, which is coming on May 23, also for PC.