Following an unintentional leak last week, Square Enix officially announced that Octopath Traveler is coming to PC.
The release will happen on Steam on June 7 with English and Japanese audio. Text will be in English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Japanese, Traditional Chinese, and Simplified Chinese.
If you’re unfamiliar with the popular game, below you can read an official description.
“In Octopath Traveler , players will set forth on an epic adventure through the enchanting yet perilous continent of Orsterra, stretching across vast landscapes from lush forests, to desert outposts and snow-swept cathedrals. Featuring eight distinct characters each with their own tales to enjoy, ranging from journeys of self-discovery to quests for revenge, each traveler will start their journey in a different land so players can steer their own journey depending on whom they choose.
Octopath Traveler for PC brings to life the game’s unique HD-2D visuals, blending striking 2D character designs with beautiful 3D world elements.”
- Play as eight different characters, each with their own stories to uncover and side quests to complete
- Explore the enchanting yet perilous world of Orsterra, spanning 8 vast regions and discover each character’s full story as their journey unfolds
- Use each character’s distinctive abilities (Path Actions), skills and talents in frenetic battles
- Enjoy the accessible yet deep turn-based combat battle system and break through enemy lines by identifying and targeting their weaknesses
- Solve side quests and story scenarios in a few different ways and take decisions that shape your path.
- Experience visuals inspired by retro 2D RPGs with beautiful realistic elements set in a 3D world
The Steam listing is already available, and the announcement came with a batch of screenshots and a trailer, which you can check out below.
Incidentally, the franchise is also coming to mobile with a prequel game, while the Switch version shipped 1.5 million units.
If you’d like to know more about the game, you can read our review of the original release.