If at some point you owned and played Final Fantasy XIV and fell off for whatever reason, Square Enix is now offering you a chance to get back to adventuring in Eorzea. Starting now, Final Fantasy XIV will have a free log-in campaign for players whose subscriptions have lapsed. If you used to have a subscription to Final Fantasy XIV, then from now until January 4, 2018 you are able to download and play the game for a total of 96 concurrent hours.
There are a few caveats mind you. In order to qualify your account needs to be considered lapsed, meaning that your account has been inactive for 30 days. It also only applies to former players of the game who already have owned it. And as stated, the 96 hours are concurrent and cannot be spread out over a longer period of time. Once you reactivate your account then you have four days until it’s down again unless you choose to resubscribe.
Still, for fans a bit nostalgic for wandering through Eorzea and engaging in the game’s heaps of content, it’s a good chance to step back into things for a little bit.
More detailed notes from the site are listed blow:
- The free login period begins after logging in via the game launcher using your Square Enix user name and password.Including the day on which you first log in, the free login period lasts approximately four days. For example, players who log in on December 2, 2017 at 12:00 a.m. can play free of charge until December 5, 2017 at 11:59 p.m.
- Players who are logged in when their free login period expires will be forcibly logged out from the game.
- Players with multiple service accounts registered to a single Square Enix account cannot participate if at least one of the accounts is currently active.
- Service accounts that have been canceled or suspended due to a violation of the service agreement cannot participate.
- Players who purchase a subscription during their free login period will forfeit the remaining duration of said period.
- Players cannot log in using a platform on which their service accounts have not been registered.
- Players can log in using all platforms on which their service account has been registered.
- When attempting to participate in the free login campaign using a Square Enix account with multiple service accounts, the free login period will be valid only for the first service account selected upon logging in. Please note that you may be unable to participate in the free login campaign with more than one service account at a time. If you cannot log in using a second service account even after meeting all other requirements, we ask that you wait for the free login period to expire on your first service account and try again.
- The Nintendo Switch Was One of the Top 5 Best-Selling Products During November
- New Dragon Ball FighterZ Trailer Unleashes Kid Buu’s Wrath
- Jak II, Jak 3, and Jak X: Combat Racing Are Getting Re-Released on PS4