The Xbox One’s backwards compatible feature has proven to be hugely popular with Xbox gamers and several great titles from the last gen have been made available such as Red Dead Redemption, Call of Duty: Black Ops, and Assassin’s Creed II.
There are still plenty of other games we’d love to see get the backwards compatibility treatment including the likes of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, and Grand Theft Auto IV, to name but a few. A gamer recently Tweeted Xbox head Phil Spencer and asked him why, as of late, few high-profile games have been made backwards compatible?
Spencer replied that this was simply the order the games came out of testing. He then went on to say that there are several games coming soon that he’s really looking forward to.
The top five most requested games to be made backwards compatible are:
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
- Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
It looks like people are eager to relive the glory days of the Call of Duty franchise. It’s ultimately up to the publisher of each game to decide whether or not a game is made backwards compatible, and some publishers would prefer to release a remastered edition of an old game.
We look forward to seeing the upcoming games. Which games would you most like to see come to the Xbox One via backwards compatibility?
- Bob Ross Paint-Along, Steve Aoki and More Announced for TwitchCon 2016
- WoW Legion: Emerald Nightmare, World Bosses, Season 1 PvP Now Available on All Realms
- Final Fantasy XIV Receives Even More Screenshots, Showing What’s to Come in Patch 3.4