Zenyatta is my favorite support character in Overwatch, but I’ve hesitated in bringing him into competitive play because he was simply too squishy to be of any real use against a well-organized team. However, with Blizzard’s latest update, it looks like Zenyatta might just start getting picked in more competitive games from now on.
Here are the changes being made to Zenyatta’s abilities:
- Base shields increased by 50 (now 50 Health/150 Shield)
- Orb of Discord and Orb of Harmony
- Projectile speed has been increased from 30 to 120
- Movement speed is now doubled upon activation
- Healing amount increased from 200 to 300 health per second
While Zenyatta has never had the healing abilities of Lúcio or Mercy, he made up for it by dealing more damage. However, his lack of mobility and low health has meant he’s struggled to find a place in many games. To increase his effectiveness, we’ve made several changes, the biggest of which is an increased shield pool. This will allow him to go head-to-head with more enemies.
Finall, Zenyatta will be able to survive more than one hit to the body.