Connect with us

XCOM 2: The 15 Best Mods You Can’t Play Without


XCOM 2: The 15 Best Mods You Can’t Play Without

The aliens will learn to fear the mighty corgi.

Best XCOM 2 Mods You Can’t Play Without

Free Camera Rotation

xcom 2

Strategy RPGs sure like to keep control of what you see and how you see it. Sometimes that can make it difficult for players to make the tough decisions, especially when it comes to moving units and locating serious threats. XCOM 2 is no different, but luckily there’s already a mod available to address the situation. The Free Camera Rotation mod allows players to freely swing the camera as they play. This will definitely come in handy during the more tricky situations later on in the game. 

Best XCOM 2 Mods You Can’t Play Without

SMG Pack

xcom 2 smg pack

XCOM 2 is packed with classes, weapons, and options for players to fine tune their strategies. That doesn’t mean it doesn’t need a little bit more. The SMG Pack introduces three new weapons for the XCOM side of the battle. They allow for greater mobility and concealment in exchange for damage output, range, and ammunition.

The weapons in this pack can be used by Psis, Rangers, Specialists, and Rookies. 

Best XCOM 2 Mods You Can’t Play Without

Leaders Pack

xcom 2 leader

This particular mod allows players to finely tune their squads. Select a soldier and train them in the Guerrilla Tactics School. This will grant that soldier the ability to learn abilities and earn perks that affect the entire squad. While using this mod, keep in mind that only one soldier brought up through this school can embark on a mission at a time. So don’t train too many of your top soldiers or else you’ll be stuck with duds watching your back.

Best XCOM 2 Mods You Can’t Play Without

 Muton Centurion Alien Pack

xcom 2 muton centurion

Perhaps you’re one of those people who believe that the aliens should have a bit of extra help. After all, you’re mowing them down and saving people left and right. The Muton Centurion adds a powerful new alien class about mid-way through the game. This hulking brute has a special ability called War Cry that boosts all aliens nearby. This is certain to add a bit more challenge to those who need it. 

Best XCOM 2 Mods You Can’t Play Without


xcom 2 acorg 47 mod

So you want to bring the fight to the aliens but you also want them to know the same fear they’ve brought upon humanity? If that’s so, then don’t bring big bombs and tough language. Instead bring the ACORG-47. The finest in canine firearm equipment, this adorable pup’s bite is as dangerous as its bark.

With the game being brand new, you can be sure that more mods will be released. Be sure to check back in for more of the best XCOM 2 mods out there.

Best XCOM 2 Mods You Can’t Play Without

Star Wars Helmets

xcom 2 star wars helmets

This mod is strictly aesthetic, but damn does it look good. When bringing the fight to alien forces, it’s only right that you use helmets recognized throughout the galaxy. The Star Wars Helmets mod adds the Classic Stormtrooper, Scout Trooper, First Order, Republic Commando, and Mandalorian Helmets. You’re able to customize the color and camo on each.

Don’t worry though, unlike the Stormtroopers in films, you’ll still be able to hit your mark. 

Best XCOM 2 Mods You Can’t Play Without

Full Character Customization From Start

xcom 2 full character customization

Want to make your created soldiers look just perfect, but don’t want to go through the hassle of raising them through the ranks? Then you’ll want the Full Character Customization From Start mod. This mod unlocks every single customization item so you can make the squad of your dreams easily.

This also can be run without disabling your achievements. Nothing wrong with getting your look just right. 

Best XCOM 2 Mods You Can’t Play Without

Deadpool Voicepack

xcom 2 deadpool voice

You’re already putting yourself into XCOM 2, why not have your game start to break the fourth wall? This mod throws some Deadpool quips into battle chatter. Quotes match up to specific situations making for a dynamic experience with the “Merc With a Mouth.” If you need a bit of excitement from your soldiers, this is definitely the mod to give them a bit of a boost. 

Best XCOM 2 Mods You Can’t Play Without

Mass Effect Armor & Camo Pack

xcom 2 mass effect

If the crew from Mass Effect got anything right, it was their armor. They donned some sleek gear that made you the most stylish force in the galaxy. The Mass Effect Armor & Camo Pack allows you to jack that style for yourself and may just inspire you to be a better hero. Just remember, you may look like Commander Shepherd, but you’re not her, so be careful. 

Best XCOM 2 Mods You Can’t Play Without

Katana Pack

xcom 2 katana pack

Who says melee combat needs to look dull. The Katana Pack mod adds a katana and wakizashi to your arsenal. But this is more than just a skin. Each weapon has it’s own set of stats that increases as you upgrade its tier. Now you can slay targets with a bit more style and finesse. 

Best XCOM 2 Mods You Can’t Play Without

Extra Weapon Upgrade Slots

xcom 2 weapon slots

This is a fairly simple mod that grants three mod slots for all weapons in the game, and the ability to increase that number (although that isn’t advised). The Extra Weapon Upgrade Slots provide a bit more control over your strategy and soldier setups. The opportunity to fine tune your perks with the extra slots can be a real life saver when things get hectic. 

Best XCOM 2 Mods You Can’t Play Without

Unrestricted Armour Customization

xcom 2 unrestricted armour customization

The Unrestricted Armour Customization mod does exactly what you’d expect it to do. This mod allows you to finely tailor your armors appearance by mixing and matching parts and props. No more having everyone look exactly the same just because you like a specific set of armor. Diversity is life.

Best XCOM 2 Mods You Can’t Play Without

[IESS+] Increased Enemy Squad Size Plus

xcom 2 iess plus

Maybe you’re one of those XCOM 2 players who felt that the enemy forces just weren’t enough to stop your force of awesomeness. The IESS+ mod increases the amount of enemies who will spawn and engage the player, making for bigger, tougher encounters. The mod also alters enemy squads to provide more variety during missions so you’ll have to really strategize if you want to succeed.

Best XCOM 2 Mods You Can’t Play Without

Chance to Miss

xcom 2 chance to miss

Don’t worry, the Chance to Miss mod doesn’t decrease your chances of hitting the enemy. What it does is tell you the probability of missing a shot. This may not seem like a big deal, but the focus on missing will help you to make better decisions. You may take a shot thinking a 70% chance to hit is high, but seeing a 30% chance to miss may have you looking for better positioning. 

Best XCOM 2 Mods You Can’t Play Without

Accurate Rookies

xcom 2 accurate rookies

Having one of your best soldiers die in the field in XCOM 2 is the worst. Having to replace that soldier with a rookie who can’t hit the broad side of a barn? Now that’s just adding insult to injury. Using rookies doesn’t have to be all bad, though. The Accurate Rookies mod increases the aim of all new recruits by 10, giving them a bit more usefulness in battle.

Continue Reading
To Top