Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 5 didn’t stick the landing when it launched on consoles earlier this year. The game was plagued with bugs, awkward animations, long loading times and poor frame rates. Today, developers Robomodo have released a large patch to fix some of the game’s issues.
The patch for Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 5 is 7.8 GB on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. It contains some tweaks to commonly reported glitches as well as a major content addition, including some new guest skaters. Here are the full patch notes.
- Additional levels have been added (Underground, Wild West)
- Additional character campaigns have been added (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Tyler the Creator)
- Lighting and visuals have been improved for several levels
- Ability to regain Special Meter during a single combo has been added
- Per-Mission Leaderboards have been added
- Added option to “Return to Freeskate” while in a Mission or Mode
- Added option to “Return to Freeskate” while search for the other player for Co-op Missions or Modes
- Tutorial has been updated
- Many Pro Skaters’ Textures have been updated
- Several Pro Skaters have recived Sponsor update
- Create-a-Park Levels have been updated
- Increased the total number of Stat points a Campaign can earn from 128 to 150
- Several gameplay mechanics within the levels have been updated
- Grinds were updated in several of the levels
- The User Generated Content Rating System has been updated
- Added Likes/Dislikes to the User Generated Levels
- New Challenge UI Flow for matching during FreeSkate has been added
- Leaderboard functionality was updated
- Several multiplayer modes have been added and updated
- Modes added include “Daily Grind,” “Skate Hoarding” and “Manual Mayhem”
- More options for user preference have been added including:
- Double tapping grind button to activate slam
- Opt in/out of Global Voice Chat
- Several UI audio effects have been added
- Misc – minor UI fixes and improvements have been made
The patch notes don’t mention improvements to the game’s frame rate, which was an issue that affected most of the game’s players at launch. Still, this update does add bonus content for free and fix some of the game’s common issues.
Will you try Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 5 with these updates or will you wait until more fixes are made? Let us know in the comments.
- Cards Against Humanity Is Letting You Give Them $5 for Black Friday
- Get into the Spirit Early with Azure Striker Gunvolt’s New Christmas Mode