One of the coolest aspects of Roblox is the ability to listen to all sorts of music while you’re busy having fun playing games with your friends. However, the music codes that you input into the game sometimes don’t work, which can obviously be pretty frustrating, especially if you just want to sit back and relax with some tunes. In this guide, we’ll explain how to play music in Roblox. So, without further ado, let’s get started, shall we?
How to Redeem Music Codes in Roblox
The specific method of redeeming music codes in Roblox varies from game to game. Nevertheless, the general process largely remains the same. For example, to redeem a music code in Roblox Royale High, all you’ll need to do is visit your apartment and head over to your music player.
Next, click on your music player and then tap on ‘Add song’. You can then type the specific code for the song you want into the box at the bottom of your screen. Be careful as the codes are case-sensitive so you’ll need to make sure that you’re putting capital letters and lower-case letters in the correct place, otherwise, the codes won’t work.
Now, speaking of codes that don’t work as they should, you may be wondering why do some Roblox music codes not work properly? Well, back in March of this year, a major change happened in the backend of the game, which resulted in all copyrighted audio being disabled.
Why Did Roblox Remove All Audios?
While the in-game audio should still be working fine, copyrighted music has always been an issue in Roblox. In fact, the Roblox Corporation was successfully sued last year for letting users upload copyrighted songs.
As a result of these legal issues, the company has removed the ability to play music — specifically, copyrighted audio that is longer than six seconds long.
According to a recent post on the dev forum for Roblox, the official word is that the company has changed the privacy settings in the backend to avoid any legal issues going forward involving copyrighted music.
On March 22, all new audio uploaded will be Private and all existing audio longer than 6 seconds will be set to Private.
Needless to say, this means that only in-game music that is not copyrighted will be playable on music players in Roblox. That being said, there are a few songs that may have bypassed this change (h/t, Pro Game Guides).
Best Bypassed Music Codes in Roblox
- Anime Music – 803592504
- Troll Song – 314311828
- Pumped Up Kicks (Minecraft Parody) – 741123795
- EDM Bass Boosted – 889397884
- Myron by Lil Uzi Vert (Boosted) – 7501025082
- Slob on my Knob (Beat) – 3966799339
- Roses by Juice WRLD, benny blanco, Brendon Urie – 6811662502
- Ziptie – 4557013422
- The Hamster Dance Song – 4556588648
- John Dee by GHOSTMANE – 4784626001
- Best Friend by essenceisdead – 4571485882
- Being in Love With You Seems Like a Really Bad Idea – 4567017168
- Wings by Shoreline Mafia – 5402503731
- TSAY by Peso Da Mafia – 4608383688
- Let’s Bring the House Down – 5101586589
- Loud Beat – 5599430581
- Bright Yellow Laser Beams – 4607916837
[PLEASE NOTE: Due to the aforementioned copyright issues, these songs may be removed at some point in the future]
So, there you have it. We hope this helped to clue you in on how to play music in Roblox. For more, be sure to check out our other Roblox guides for Tower Heroes, Penguin Tycoon, Freeze Simulator, All Star Tower Defense, and Shindo Life.
- Is Roblox Down Right Now? How to Check Server Status
- Roblox Katana Simulator Codes (September 2022)
- All Roblox Adopt Me Pet & Item Trade Values
- How to Get All Markers in Roblox Find The Markers
- How to Run in Roblox Doors