If you’re looking to recruit Byleth in Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes, we’re here to help. They’re one of the tougher characters to unlock in the game, especially since the game never gives you any specific direction on how to recruit them. Here’s everything you need to know.
Unlocking Byleth as a Playable Character in Fire Emblem Warriors Three Hopes
Regardless of which house you’re aligned with, you’ll have the opportunity to recruit Byleth in Chapter 12, where the game will inform you that your decisions will affect the story before the main battle begins. Here are the steps you need to follow.
Blue Lions/Azure Gleam Route
- Before starting the main battle, make sure you have the Locate Ambushers strategy unlocked.
This can be unlocked by activating the survey spot at Menja Territory on the region map.
- While on the battle prep screen, select the Locate Ambushers strategy to be implemented in battle.
- During the main battle, you’ll be prompted to use the Locate Ambushers strategy.
Hold down the right button on the d-pad to activate it.
- Once activated, you’ll need to ensure that none of your units are spotted by the Mercenaries.
To get around this step, order all units to launch an All-Out Defense on the stronghold in the bottom right corner of the map.
- Follow the green arrows on the map to avoid being seen by the Mercenaries on your way to the next objective.
This path will take you northwest, allowing you to capture strongholds on the way,
- Complete the main objective that tasks you with defeating the Mercenaries.
- After taking out the Mercenaries, continue on to take out Fleche.
- Your final main objective will be to defeat Randolph, and you need to do this before Byleth arrives.
While fighting Randolph, ignore the side objective that tasks you with defeating Byleth. Once you beat the general, Byleth and Jeralt will join your roster and put you on the path to the true ending.
Black Eagles/Scarlet Blaze Route
If you’re on the Black Eagles route, the method to unlock Byleth is a little simpler. Instead of getting the Locate Ambushers strategy, you’ll unlock the Resonant Lightning strategy instead. The steps are as follows:
- Unlock the Resonant Lightning strategy at the survey spot in Menja Territory.
- Activate the strategy during the battle.
- Make sure to help the engineers with all their side objectives before proceeding on.
- When Byleth shows up, ignore the side objective to defeat them.
- Defeat Alois and Rodrigue to end the battle, and Byleth and Jeralt will join your roster.
Byleth’s Starting Class
Byleth will start off with the Silverheart class in Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes, and they’re also one of the most powerful characters you can get. They’ll come equipped with a Silver Sword, along with the following unique abilities:
- Divine Pulse: Press ZR to stop time. A follow-up attack will trigger when time restarts, based on damage dealt during the stoppage. Has a short cooldown time.
- Ashen Demon: Greatly increases damage while Awakened.
- Unfeeling Blade: When ordered to attack: increases damage dealt to enemies by 50%.
That’s all you need to know about how to recruit Byleth in Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes. Be sure to check out the rest of our Three Hopes coverage as well, including a full support guide to help you bond with your roster, and how to unlock other secret characters like Sothis and Rhea.
- Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes Class Tier List
- What’s the Download & Install Size of Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes? Answered
- Should You Choose Male or Female Byleth in Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes? Answered
- Should You Choose Classic or Casual Mode in Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes?
- How to Get Money Fast in Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes