Ashes of War are essentially the same as the weapon arts we saw in Dark Souls III, except this time around, they can be collected individually and affixed to any suitable regular weapon of your choice. This offers up a lot of build variety in Elden Ring, and allow players to create some truly unique builds. Here’s how to get the Bloodhound’s Step Ash of War in Elden Ring.
Getting Bloodhound’s Step Ash of War in Elden Ring
- Head to the Dragonbarrow region in Caelid.
- Go northeast towards Lenne’s Rise, and you’ll see a bridge just in front of it.
- Rest at a Site of Grace or wait until it’s nighttime to get the Night’s Cavalry boss to show up.
- Defeat the Night’s Cavalry to obtain the Bloodhound’s Step Ash of War.
The Night’s Cavalry isn’t too tough to beat, assuming you’re at an appropriate level for Caelid. Like all other Night’s Cavalry bosses, you’ll want to take your time with dodging his swipes and trying to kill his horse to get him to fall to the ground, which makes him a lot more vulnerable. This battle can also be easily handled on horseback.
The Bloodhound’s Step is one of the most useful Ashes of War you can get in Elden Ring. It can be affixed to any melee armament and it gives you an extremely fast sidestep when you hit L2/LT. It consumes very little FP as well, and can come in handy when you’re forced to slow walk in a swamp, or when you’re up against incredibly tough bosses like Malenia.
That’s all you need to know about how to get the Bloodhound’s Step Ash of War in Elden Ring. Be sure to check our guide wiki for more tips and information on the game.
- Biggest Changes in Elden Ring Patch Notes 1.07, Explained
- Will There Be Elden Ring DLC or Expansions? Answered
- Elden Ring DLC Release Date Window, Theorized
- Does Elden Ring Have Ray Tracing? Answered
- Elden Ring: How to Get Somber Smithing Stone 8 & 9